Spring Cleaning: Doing the Org's Work

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Re: Spring Cleaning: Doing the Org's Work

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:02 pm

seasons wrote:
ClaudiusValentine wrote:http://justdubs.tv/ which replaced "justdubs.net" and has little more modern design showing some famous anime character pictures on the side and fronts
This is the general template for every illegal anime streaming/downloading site and probably not what we're going for here.
and taken music and anime clips making music videos is legal come on that websites layout is modern for anime sites
sure maybe the new layout will be a mix between the two sites i said, they did say they want something modern,
having a layout that has anime pics is what every anime site is doing,even the legal ones, it be stupid not to add 1 or 2
having a layout just like what we have now ISNT modern, so if they said they want a modern layout then add some pics
ether way the layout will look basically the same except for a new color background might as will add some anime pics

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:23 am

"luffy zorro ichigo Rukia Vegeta and Goku "

So basically stuff you like, right? Because none of these are "legendary" for me.

I agree with the possibility of dark template (maybe switchable, optional), but honestly, kissanime's template is a huge mess of XHTML (and blurry chibi in a logo doesn't help) and justdubs is... overpacked. It honestly looks like it's trying to catch an attention of a young kid who recently stopped watching cartoon network.

Just my opinion, really, but I agree with seasons that these choices are kinda dubious. I like what they did with MyAnimeList design recently (though it's resembling FB a bit too much, IMO), that's what a good redesign is about. Not losing the site identity, but making it fresher.

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:"luffy zorro ichigo Rukia Vegeta and Goku "

So basically stuff you like, right? Because none of these are "legendary" for me.

I agree with the possibility of dark template (maybe switchable, optional), but honestly, kissanime's template is a huge mess of XHTML (and blurry chibi in a logo doesn't help) and justdubs is... overpacked. It honestly looks like it's trying to catch an attention of a young kid who recently stopped watching cartoon network.

Just my opinion, really, but I agree with seasons that these choices are kinda dubious. I like what they did with MyAnimeList design recently (though it's resembling FB a bit too much, IMO), that's what a good redesign is about. Not losing the site identity, but making it fresher.
yea i agree on most of what you said justdubs is packed, and the other site kissanime i only like the dark design, its easy on the eyes, the mods here said they want more modern and putting one or two anime pics up of ones maybe that been around along time would do it, and im only a fan of luffy zorro and vegeta, as i seen too much of ichigo goku Naruto sasuke and revy on every site that has pics and thought since almost everyone loves onepiece ether if its subbed or dubbed it be a great show to add a pic or two of for the new layout but people have different ideas and or opinions

plus this sites been like this since the year 2000 i doubt their ever going to update it, fans of the site need to understand, that the mods need help on the new layout, the mods are only here to check for problems, i doubt they know how to code shit for a layouts, i use to know how to setup a layout for the old old way youtube and myspace had, alot of it was copy and paste what ever code you wanted to the right section ether if its a moving pic in a title or a new background,

these days people barely remember how to set all that up again since we haven't had to since 07, and i doubt people know how to generate a code from scratch these days,
so i think its best to just copy a popular anime site then make it work for this site i dont think their'll find someone as good as coders that use to set up the old Myspace from
05 -07 coding days lol {i know theres more to it then just background but you get my point}

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:33 am

ClaudiusValentine wrote:plus this sites been like this since the year 2000 i doubt their ever going to update it, fans of the site need to understand, that the mods need help on the new layout, the mods are only here to check for problems, i doubt they know how to code shit for a layouts, i use to know how to setup a layout for the old old way youtube and myspace had, alot of it was copy and paste what ever code you wanted to the right section ether if its a moving pic in a title or a new background,

these days people barely remember how to set all that up again since we haven't had to since 07, and i doubt people know how to generate a code from scratch these days,
so i think its best to just copy a popular anime site then make it work for this site i dont think their'll find someone as good as coders that use to set up the old Myspace from
05 -07 coding days lol {i know theres more to it then just background but you get my point}
Sorry, but as a mod (which you might've missed) let me assure you that we have people who work on it and who know a lot about writing the web. And I mean that in a way more advanced meaning than writing a layout to a YouTube or MySpace indeed :sorcerer:
But of course, inputs are always welcomed - I was mostly just saying it so you aren't let down when the new stuff comes (even if it seems unlikely) and you don't have any Luffy on the main page :sweat:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:31 pm

Let's make the new Org a SPA built using crazy shit like HAML, Node.js, Angular, Backbone, Ember, Grunt, Gulp, Sass, React, D3, Python, Ruby on Rails. Agile workflow methodology required, 5 years minimum experience, GitHub / Behance portfolio required, be able to code and design and do backflips while on fire. Please submit resumes online, thanks.

In all seriousness, I found both of the designs linked to be rather cluttered and unintuitive. The org needs a simplified user experience with no frills, easy file upload and a clean aesthetic. Of course, this is just my opinion.

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:40 am

well the links i posted are just ideas nothing more, i just wanted to say this new layout need a better darker color that is easy on that eyes, sure everyone's got their own set of opinions that differ with each other, but one thing im sure we all agree on, this sites needs something more easy to look at, darker websites seems to be easy on the eyes,

ether way im not going to be disappointed because this website needs something anything new, but i for one i sick of yellow homepage and white and light blue for the forums
ill welcome anything different then this, there are people that have left because nothing has been done with the website for 15 years since 2000 and im positive if it isnt updated soon then the org will be dead as it is now barely anyone shows up and thats true. {you forget this site shows whos online then again u can hide that too so}

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:47 am

The astetics and color scheme of the the site aren't what the redesign is about. It's the functionality. Slapping a new skin onto what we already had would have taken a couple of days, not a couple of years.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:11 pm

i get what you'll are saying, i do, but as i read about the servers, they had same problem years ago, doing the same thing raising money for new computers hard drives, even then they said they would like to update the website but spent everything on the servers {keep in mind i wasnt around 6 years ago} but i read alot of why things havent changed on old posts etc, if you all want the website updated, i wouldnt hold your breath on the mods, they are basically too busy with the servers, if things haven't changed for the site in 15 years i doubt it will any time soon

so my advice is for anyone that knows how to update the website, to do so on your own, you'll have to get permission from a mod cause their all probably too busy like last time {sorry i dont hold any punches lol}

Return to “Site Announcements”