Regarding Future Website Redesign Plans

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Re: Regarding Future Website Redesign Plans

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sun May 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:The administration needs to be more transparent and active in the community. Too often do I have people ask me who owns the website or who is in charge. Yes, there are links at the bottom of the forum but a list of names doesn't really tell you shit about what people actually do.
But I thought forum signatures were all we needed to know who the HEAD Admins are? :bzz: :asd: :bzz2:
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sun May 17, 2015 1:23 pm

But to bring this back around to the original issue, do we have ANY answers whatsoever, or just more vague handwaving before the discussion gets turned back into another "lets talk about what we like about the org instead of the issues being brought up"?
Tinnitus

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun May 17, 2015 1:49 pm

If the catalog (as it is) does go...

If I do have to recatalog all my videos I guess an email notification to all the members would be nice... give them a grace period to catch up on it.

I would hate to see all that history lost though...

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Sun May 17, 2015 1:59 pm

The org redesign is a big issue and has been for years. I agree that it's state needs to be answered. This site is dying but has big potential. Just say "we can not fix the org within the next two years, it's not possible". In a second step how about "we want to fix it but don't know how because...". Now there are two options. Leave the org as it is, do minor updates and try to keep it on life support for another 2-3 years until you have to shut down local uploads due to unsufficient funds. Or create a new org, a separate site to ultimately relieve the org once it's up and running. Maybe give it a new aim - amateur video editing, so pwolf and others can also enter their none anime Videos. You know - A deviant Art for Video Art, based on what made the org great. People would have to reenter their old entries to new this site - everything - but we would know if people like it before shutting down the org. And we could still keep the forum. If we can't fix the org, we should relaunch it. Imho there is still a place for anime video art.
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sun May 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Mhm, only thing in php i ever touched was php-fusion and phpbb in old times, guess its laziest way to make site running tho there is a lot of open source cms out there now, wonder if any of those were taken into consideration. That would be some base, and rest would be have to be still modded tho D:.
I wouldn't mind the site even with its current set-up if it was simplified with aim for ease of use and access,but guess its not possible with old ass code.

++Local downloads , i think to help org a little one could try something like org@home to host some stuff for uploads. I wouldnt mind some torrents/simplified p2m/smthg too.
+ Catalog
+/-Tops10% etc- imo this could use some work or archival.

Think rest of my thoughts has been said by others o;.
Still better than that MMO.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun May 17, 2015 3:01 pm

M'o'l wrote: I wouldn't mind the site even with its current set-up if it was simplified with aim for ease of use and access,but guess its not possible with old ass code.
I know nothing but web design or code but I've had it described to me as a house made up of sticks and duct tape.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sun May 17, 2015 6:59 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
M'o'l wrote: I wouldn't mind the site even with its current set-up if it was simplified with aim for ease of use and access,but guess its not possible with old ass code.
I know nothing but web design or code but I've had it described to me as a house made up of sticks and duct tape.
That sturdy, eh? I would have thought toilet paper and wishful thinking. :P
Tinnitus

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun May 17, 2015 9:36 pm

At the very least, half of the crap in the menus ought to just be deleted outright.

Regardless of if a redesign even happens, that would go a good ways towards making the site more usable.

Someone revamped the menus several years back, so it can be done.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sun May 17, 2015 10:57 pm

If they can make goofy little collapsing animations for April Fool's Day, they can at least fix the menus.
Tinnitus

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Mon May 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Fire_Starter wrote:If they can make goofy little collapsing animations for April Fool's Day, they can at least fix the menus.

This I might be able to agree upon. XD. That's pretty funny. :asd:

Return to “Site Announcements”