Evanescence, Seether and Creed videos no longer available

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:00 am

Turns out I should have read some of those threads, some of them end with the person actually *gasp* buying the CD. :)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:03 am

I know there's people who do download amvs to get the songs.. but they're just going to steal them anyway one way or another. But there is such a huge amount of people who buy music/anime because of AMVs. I could gather up a huge example of this but I'm too lazy to do so right now.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:07 am

are we allowed to link to externally hosted copies of these videos through html tags in the video information page?

and thank you phade for dealing with the issue in the best way possible.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:14 am

downwithpants wrote:are we allowed to link to externally hosted copies of these videos through html tags in the video information page?

and thank you phade for dealing with the issue in the best way possible.
Yes, Thanks Phade, it must have been quite though. :) But here it is, I was writing offline a post making this exactly question...
Could we possibly do this? Link to external Links trough the comments? Like Downwithpants said? (If I understood well, we can't put even direct links on the page of a-m-v.org. :o)
ImageImage

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:16 am

Sorry for the double post. ;(
Grammatical error. :\

"it must have been though." =)
ImageImage

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:41 am

While this is an unfortunate turn of events, props to Phade for handling it so well.
To those who would have liked to use songs by those artists for future videos, I would recommend you try to find covers of the songs by other artists. Not only is it a neat way to still use the song you want, but it adds some much needed variety to your video.
As for the song "Bring Me To Life", I know of 2 really great covers offhand. One is performed by Hanna (Speed Records / The SAIFAM Group), and another by ROCHELLE (I can't determine the label).

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:43 am

Now that I’ve had time to think of it, it seems a bit naive of us to think that this one record label won't inform other record labels of this -- at least affiliated labels should get a heads up. And if the "need to protect one's copyright" is the valid and accurate assessment of the methods taken by the first group, it must be taken by all others.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

[Mike of the Desert]
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:48 am

You have right Zarxrax, but the problem is that I'm working on a video from nearly one month using one of these bands, I care a lot about this work and this is surely a really bad news for me, there must be some way.. :o Indeed, I would like to hear someone that understand better legal stuff what he thinks about the question me and downwithpants made. Technically, I think that we could use that way to link our videos, using URLs on the comments, it *should* be possible. What do you think?
ImageImage

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:00 am

If direct and indirect links aren't allowed what makes you think that a link in the profile is?

[Mike of the Desert]
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:08 am

What make me think it? Mmm..
Well, probably the fact that, being links on a comment and not Links ON the site, it would be like put a link to a personal creation in a forum..

No, I'm not been clear, I mean, Local, Direct or Indirect Links are anyway Provided by the site of a-m-v.org, but a link in an URL in an html comment is different, and the question could even be: "Will us be able to at least announce our videos on the forum?"

Do you understand what I mean and what made me think something like this?
Anyway, don't be rude, I'm not attacking noone and mine is only a question. :P I would like to know if something can be done.
ImageImage

Return to “Site Announcements”