2022 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

2022 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:48 pm

What are the VCAs?
For 20 years, the A-M-V.org Viewers Choice Awards has been an annual opportunity to showcase and acknowledge the videos that stand out above the rest. It's a way for fans to say “Thank you” to the creators that put the extra effort into creating videos that are truly exceptional. And so every year, we let the community vote on what videos they thought were the very best from the previous year. There are awards for Best Action, Most Artistic, Editor of the Year, and many more! If you want to see what has won in previous VCAs you can go here and click through the years! and more!

What can compete?
All fan-made Anime Music Videos that first premiered online in 2021 are eligible to participate in the VCAs (even videos that aren't cataloged on A-M-V.org). Traditionally, the A-M-V.org VCAs have been exclusive to fan-made music videos that primarily use animation from Japan, but in recent years, we've decided to open the competition up to all forms of animation. And to have even more inclusiveness we added a "Best Use of Live Action Source" category that will recognize fan-made music videos that use Live Action movies and shows.

How do I nominate videos?
To nominate a video, simply post a link to it in a nomination thread that you feel it is eligible for. The moderation team will then auto nominate that video for every other category that we feel it fits in. When posting a link to a video, the original YouTube upload is highly preferred. Also, please ensure that the video first premiered in 2021.

How do I vote?
Once the Nomination period is over, all nominated videos will then be added to a google form. To vote, you simply need to be logged into a google account (Youtube, Gmail, Google Drive, etc), and the voting form will use your profile to anonymously submit your responses. You're also able to go back to the form as many times as you like to update or change your vote. As long as you click the "SUBMIT" button, your responses will be recorded and remembered if you need to edit them later.

You can use the google sheet links in each of the nomination threads to watch whatever videos were nominated for that category. To make finding videos as easy as possible, the document contains separate sheets sorted by each category. If you notice that a video is missing from the sheet or voting list, please let us know as soon as possible.

Nomination Categories
Videos must be nominated for these categories in order to be eligible for Round 1 voting
  • Best Action, Most Artistic, Best Character Profile, Best Comedy, Best Drama, Best Fun, Most Original, Best Parody or Commercial, Best Romance, Best Rhythm & Dance, Best Sentimental, Best Short, Best Use of Instrumental Music, Best Use of Live Action Source, Best Use of Multiple Sources, Best Use of Special Effects, Best Storytelling, Best Thriller, Best Trailer

This year, We've decided to replace the "Best Horror" category with "Best Thriller" to make the category broader and more indicative of the videos that typically get nominated for it.
Non-nomination Categories
All videos and editors nominated for any category will be automatically eligible for Round 1 voting
  • Video of the Year
  • Editor of the Year
VCA Schedule
Nominations: 02/03 - 02/15
Round 1 Voting: 02/17 - 03/01
Round 2 Voting: 03/03 - 03/13
Final Round Voting: 03/15 - 03/22

LIVE Stream of Results: 03/24 @ 8PM EST

All rounds will end on the scheduled day at 11:59pm EST.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: 2022 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:05 am

The Nomination Threads have been unlocked!
You're now able to start posting all of your favorite AMVs that premiered in 2021. The nomination period will end at 11:59 pm EST on Tuesday, February 15th.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:57 am

Question:
If we want to nominate a live-action video, is it restricted to ONLY the live action category, or can it be put in other categories as well?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:28 am

SQ wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:57 am
Question:
If we want to nominate a live-action video, is it restricted to ONLY the live action category, or can it be put in other categories as well?
Videos that only contain live-action sources can only be nominated for the live-action category. Videos that contain both live action and animated sources can be nominated for both.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:20 am

Round 1 voting has officially begun!

To vote, you simply need to be logged into a google account (Youtube, Gmail, Google Drive, etc), and the voting form will use your profile to anonymously submit your responses. You're also able to go back to the form as many times as you like to update or change your vote. As long as you click the "SUBMIT" button, your responses will be recorded and remembered if you need to edit them later. Voting will end on March 1st at 11:59 PM EST

You can also visit AMVawards.org! This new site will help us manage the VCAs and also serve as an archive for AMV contest results.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Re: Voting Thread: Round 1 (02/17 - 03/01)

Post by TnAdct1 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:03 pm

One major correction that needs to be pointed out (although I highly doubt it will be anything in the end): in terms of Editor of the Year: TnAdct1 and Joseph Klemm are the same person (TnAdct1 is my handle on a-m-v.org and other sites online, while Joseph Klemm is my actual name).

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Voting Thread: Round 1 (02/17 - 03/01)

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:29 am

TnAdct1 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:03 pm
One major correction that needs to be pointed out (although I highly doubt it will be anything in the end): in terms of Editor of the Year: TnAdct1 and Joseph Klemm are the same person (TnAdct1 is my handle on a-m-v.org and other sites online, while Joseph Klemm is my actual name).
fixed it

PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Post by PerkyPastry » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:12 am

When looking through the nominations I spotted one that was also in last year's VCAs, is this allowed and if so what's the reasoning?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:39 am

PerkyPastry wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:12 am
When looking through the nominations I spotted one that was also in last year's VCAs, is this allowed and if so what's the reasoning?
Nope, that's not actually allowed. Which video was it?

Return to “2022 Viewers' Choice Awards”