2018 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Forum rules
If there are videos that you'd like to nominate, you can use these topics to post links to their catalog entries or embed a youtube link of them.
Remixer96
Org Profile

Re: 2018 VCA Updates, Questions & Feedback Thread

Post by Remixer96 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:41 am

FYI, Dentelle by Iren has already been taken down from Youtube for copyright. Best streaming mirror might be here?

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av14567867/

EpicMango
Org Profile

Post by EpicMango » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Remixer96 wrote:FYI, Dentelle by Iren has already been taken down from Youtube for copyright. Best streaming mirror might be here?

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av14567867/
Thanks

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:58 pm

Gonna give everyone a few more hours to complete their VCA voting. Round 2 will now officially end at 8am EST time tomorrow morning (Thursday, 4/5).

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:23 am

List of Final Round Videos
Also includes streaming links, playlists and Voting Forms for each category

Final Round Voting Forms
To access non embedded versions of the voting forms, click the following links

A embedded version of each form can be found in its corresponding category thread

EpicMango
Org Profile

Re: Final Round Voting Forms

Post by EpicMango » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Not many videos to choose from in each category. I like them all so it's not easy to choose

Donaithnen
Org Profile

Post by Donaithnen » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 pm

Okay, i'm off to a really late start this year, in large part just because i've found the new format very frustrating and confusing. The spreadsheet only seems to have links to YouTube copies of the videos. Is there somewhere we can get links to the a-m-v.org video pages when available without having to search for each video by name/editor?

Also, i tried following some old links, and it seems like the Round 1, Round 2, and Semifinal lists have all been overwritten by the Finals post? Or am i doing it wrong? Is there somewhere where i can find a list of the videos from the previous rounds?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:35 am

Donaithnen wrote:Okay, i'm off to a really late start this year, in large part just because i've found the new format very frustrating and confusing. The spreadsheet only seems to have links to YouTube copies of the videos. Is there somewhere we can get links to the a-m-v.org video pages when available without having to search for each video by name/editor?

Also, i tried following some old links, and it seems like the Round 1, Round 2, and Semifinal lists have all been overwritten by the Finals post? Or am i doing it wrong? Is there somewhere where i can find a list of the videos from the previous rounds?
Here are the list of videos from each round. Next year, I'm gonna make sure to keep them available and not override the links

Nominations
SemiFinals
Finals

I also plan on adding another column in the spreadsheet for Download and Org links next year. Sorry I didn't do that this time around though.
And btw, what did you feel was frustrating and confusing? Do you have suggestions on additional things that should be changed or improved for next year?

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:55 am

You have to try.

Remixer96
Org Profile

Post by Remixer96 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Awesome compilation! I might recommend a global replace on the sheet for D3:D to D4:D because the leading comma is breaking the youtube playlist links (at least for me).

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:18 am

Remixer96 wrote:Awesome compilation! I might recommend a global replace on the sheet for D3:D to D4:D because the leading comma is breaking the youtube playlist links (at least for me).
I'm not sure what you mean by this. You're talking about the finalist list right? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Does one or more of the sheets not work for you?

Return to “2018 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”