Good sentimental videos are more lighthearted than dramatic and lack a prominent romantic theme, but they still compel attention and leave a lasting impression. Sentimental videos tend to explore themes like nostalgia, friendship, adventure, and wonder.
Note: If there are videos that you'd like to nominate for this category, you can use their Video ID tags to post links to their A-M-V.org catalog entries, or you can simply post a Youtube or Vimeo Embed of them. Unlike previous years, you're able to nominate videos whether or not they have a corresponding catalog entry.
Videos that premiered online from 01/01/17 - 12/31/17 are eligible to participate. And all eligible videos posted in this thread will be added to the round 1 voting pool (pending a category review by the judges). Self promoting is not allowed in this thread and should be restricted to the Shameless Self Promotion thread.
*And don't forget, you can use the org's search function to filter cataloged videos by year and category
How to Vote
In each of the category threads, there's a corresponding embedded Google Form and playlist that features all of the nominated videos for that category. To vote, you simply need to be logged into a google account (Youtube, Gmail, Google Drive, etc), and the form will use your profile to anonymously submit your responses. You're also able to go back to the form as many times as you like to update or change your vote. As long as you click the "SUBMIT" button, your responses will be recorded and remembered if you need to edit them later.
You can use the Youtube playlist embedded underneath the form watch whatever videos were nominated for that category. 98% of the nominated videos were available on Youtube, but for the remaining 2% that weren't able to be added to our playlists, you can access alternative streaming links for them by clicking on the "List of All Nominated Videos" document found above each form. To make finding videos as easy as possible, the document contains separate sheets sorted by each category. If you notice that a video is missing from the sheet or voting list, please let us know as soon as possible.
There is no set limit for how many videos you can vote for in a category, but we recommend 10-15. The top 8 voted videos in each category are guaranteed to move on to the Semifinals. An additional 4-8 videos will be selected by our panel of Judges to move on as well. For the most part, we expect that the videos selected by the Judges will consist of the videos voted 9th-15th, but other videos may be selected depending on the category. If a video that you'd like to vote for isn't in the nomination list, feel free to post its Youtube link in the category threads for the judges' consideration. Even videos that weren't posted during the nomination period can become eligible to compete in the Semifinals.
There are soooo many amvs and so little time left for nomination it's just not possible for me to explore them at the moment. We all know there are many amvs out there that may not have our attention but are worth watching. Well that is a topic to discuss for later and I'm glad kireblue started a discussion thread for it. I kind of feel unfair if I just nominate few amvs that I know or just found searching but it'd be the same if I didn't post
having known 'em. I've been a bit busy & since nominations are closing, there are still some amvs I know that aren't on the list and so I just feel like posting 'em 'cause they are worth it & I'd feel bad if I din't. Well nomination process have its limitations but i hope we will figure out a way to reach out to more amvs.