Best Use of Single Anime

Forum rules
If there are videos that you'd like to nominate, you can use these topics post links to catalog entries (using the Video ID) in your posts. If you'd like to nominate a video that hasn't been entered into the site, you can still embed a youtube link of it, and ask the creator to catalog the video into our database. As long as the catalog entry uses its correct 2016 premiere date, and is entered before February 12, it will be allowed to compete in the 2017 VCAs.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Best Use of Single Anime

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:30 pm

The Best AMV using a single anime source, whether it be TV series or movie. This is a video that you feel best embodies the source selected.
Note: If there are videos that you'd like to nominate for this category, you can use this thread to post links to their catalog entries (using the Video ID) in your post. If you'd like to nominate a video that hasn't been entered into the site, you can still embed a youtube link of it, and ask the creator to catalog the video into our database. As long as the catalog entry uses its correct 2016 premiere date, and is entered before February 12, it will be allowed to compete in the 2017 VCAs.

phpBB [media]

Semifinals Playlist

phpBB [media]

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Re: Best Use of Single Anime

Post by Studio Hawk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:31 am

I was a big fan of Revolutionnaire (YT link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSDgn9O ... 67&index=6) from Otakon's 2016 AMV contest. It made me finally sit down and watch all of Utena!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Hawkman324 wrote:I was a big fan of Revolutionnaire (YT link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSDgn9O ... 67&index=6) from Otakon's 2016 AMV contest. It made me finally sit down and watch all of Utena!
although that vid was at Otakon 2016, it was actually made and released in 2015 :asd:
| 2015-03-03

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:31 pm

I still don't really understand the point of this category. I mean, is it supposed to be Video that best represents an anime series?

If that's the case -

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:39 am

Rider4Z wrote:I still don't really understand the point of this category. I mean, is it supposed to be Video that best represents an anime series?
Kinda. I also see this category as a way to nominate videos that have combos so good that it draws something out of the anime or adds a particular value to the video that couldn't be accomplished with any other source. And the more you know about the anime, the better it becomes. I feel that these 2 videos represent that

And then there's the videos that draws everything out of its anime and showcases every aspect of it

And I'm nominating this one because it pretty much uses every second of usable footage from the first 3 episodes and blew me away when I first saw it

Pic4
needs more cowbells
Org Profile

Post by Pic4 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Easily driven

Return to “2017 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”