Hi, a question about interlacing....

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
OhmGautama
Org Profile

Hi, a question about interlacing....

Post by OhmGautama » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:59 am

I am at the part of ermacs and absolutedestiny's guide about analysing your footage. I stick the avs script in virtualdubmod and run through it but Im having a hard time determining if what im seeing is interlacing or just some type of faded image. Most of the episode no movement is shown with interlacing or this faded image type thing. In the f5 preview in dgindex, it also told me the whole episode was NTSC and progressive. Is there anyway before I start to extensively edit in adobe premiere pro to know 100% sure im not dealing with interlaced footage? Thanks!
"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make"

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:40 am

just open your avs script in WMP or something and watch it. skip to a part where theres alot of movement like a fight scene. you'll be able to tell if it's interlaced
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:44 am

The faded parts are probably blended frames sometimes put there by the animators on purpose to enhance the illusion of movement.

btw, what is the anime you are using?
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:51 am

Willen wrote:The faded parts are probably blended frames sometimes put there by the animators on purpose to enhance the illusion of movement.
what he said^
kind of like "tweens" in image ready
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

OhmGautama
Org Profile

Post by OhmGautama » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:11 pm

Ah ok yah see what I think im seeing is just blended frames. Im using hellsing, Im ripping episode 2 now, and Ive seen this blended frames thing at various parts in the episode but it is the male/female vampire duo, and the guy is yelling at Alucard. His mouth uses that blended frames sorta thing. Ill try to do what you said too minion. Thanks for the help!
"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make"

OhmGautama
Org Profile

Post by OhmGautama » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:14 pm

Actually one quick question since I got your attention hehe, In DGindex the automatic setting for me in Video IDCT Algorithm is 32-bit SSE2 MMX but the guide says to use 32-bit SSE MMX. Is there a difference for it to matter? If so which should I use? Thanks again for your help!

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:21 am

RathiSponge wrote:Actually one quick question since I got your attention hehe, In DGindex the automatic setting for me in Video IDCT Algorithm is 32-bit SSE2 MMX but the guide says to use 32-bit SSE MMX. Is there a difference for it to matter? If so which should I use? Thanks again for your help!
It will depend on whether your CPU supports SSE2 or not. The difference is probably not that great either way.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

OhmGautama
Org Profile

Post by OhmGautama » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:47 am

Cool ill check to see if it does. So not a big difference? Kk Im not worried about it then, Ill probably just stick with what the guide says anyways. Thanks! :D

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”