ffdshow

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
KholdStare88
Org Profile

ffdshow

Post by KholdStare88 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:05 pm

So I've read through the forum and know that ffdshow is "evil." However, that's how I play my .avi files with Xvid and Dvid. If I uninstall ffdshow, how do I use .avi files with those codec in Adobe Premiere Pro? In the Monitor it was fine but in the Timeline/Sequence it shows a black screen but sound is still there.

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Re: ffdshow

Post by Moonie » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:15 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:So I've read through the forum and know that ffdshow is "evil." However, that's how I play my .avi files with Xvid and Dvid. If I uninstall ffdshow, how do I use .avi files with those codec in Adobe Premiere Pro? In the Monitor it was fine but in the Timeline/Sequence it shows a black screen but sound is still there.
ffdshow isn't evil Its been on my computer for a long time and i haven't had any problems with it.

If you are working with divx or xvid footage that will cause problems in editing programs. You need to convert them to another format that works good like huffy .
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

KholdStare88
Org Profile

Post by KholdStare88 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:20 pm

Huffy works on Adobe Premiere? If so, which program do I use to convert it to huffy?

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:26 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:Huffy works on Adobe Premiere? If so, which program do I use to convert it to huffy?
Yeah, huffy should work in Premiere. You can use Virtualdub or Virtualdub Mod to convert them to Huffy
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:26 am

If you don't already have the HuffYUV codec, you can get it <a href="http://www.neuron2.net/www.math.berkele ... l">here</a>.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”