Premier Elements problem

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
cireogle
Org Profile

Premier Elements problem

Post by cireogle » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:00 pm

I'm using Adobe Premier Elements 2.0, I think that might be a different number in the US, but here's a screenshot to get the idea(the clips are in 100.01% cause that was a test, didn't work).

http://www.maj.com/gallery/cireogle/Sol ... enshot.bmp

When I export the movie files, no matter how big or small, there's this consistant jagged look, like the movie shudders every 2 seconds. What I've done so far is extract the main movie files with DVD Decrypter, and then taken those straight to Premier as the VOB files. I did have some idea about there being something you had to do to them before moving onto Premier, but I'd downloaded so much stuff last night and gone through so many methods that I'd rather just ask whether or not I really need to do that.

My DVD isn't in the best condition, there are one or two scenes it goes buggy on with the DVD player, but the computer seems to work it fine, if that helps at all.

Thanks.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:10 pm

I'm inclined to say that you are seeing the interlacing artifacts.

editing with .vobs isn't reccomended (can cause that jagged look you mentioned, as well as messing up your sync...and generally look bad)

I suggest that you Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>

it's a long read, and a bit of work, but you will get better results

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Re: Premier Elements problem

Post by Gepetto » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:17 pm

cireogle wrote:like the movie shudders every 2 seconds
might be a framerate problem. What framerate is your footage, and what framerate is in the project settings?
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

cireogle
Org Profile

Re: Premier Elements problem

Post by cireogle » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:12 pm

Gepetto wrote:
cireogle wrote:like the movie shudders every 2 seconds
might be a framerate problem. What framerate is your footage, and what framerate is in the project settings?
No it's alright I'm just reading into that guide. I'm still having trouble even finding out whether the deinterlacing method I used will work because the Premier Plugin from the AMVapp doesnt' seem to work on my one.

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:50 pm

if avisynth doesn't work - i would reccomend using VFAPI to frameserve your wanted avisynth file for premeir usage.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”