Xvid Codec is Grainy.

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
bob64
Org Profile

Post by bob64 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:19 pm

bob64
Org Profile

Post by bob64 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:21 pm

^the picture that he was trying to show

What version is your xvid codec? Make sure your using at least version 1.1.0

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:17 am

It looks like normal compression artifacts to me
(most likely a direct result of the filesize. smaller size at constant resolution makes it look worse)

Mithos-kun
Org Profile

Post by Mithos-kun » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:16 pm

Beldyn wrote:Does anyone know how to get Fraps or another program to take screen shots outside of a program? I'm still unable to resolve this matter and I would like to post a pic so everyone can see it. I'm just about ready to begin work on a new video idea but I can't watch any of the current videos on my HD without going crazy.

Thanks
You don't need Fraps. Go to the Control panel and double click on Display. Under the settings tab click on advanced then click on the troubleshoot tab and drag the slider for hardware exceleration all the way down then you shoudl be able to take a screenshot of a video by pressing print screen.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:39 pm

Yep, that image looks like totally normal artifacts. Nothing to be concerned about. Turning on deblocking and deringing in the decoder can help it a little.

Beldyn
Org Profile

Post by Beldyn » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:53 am

I finally fixed it. I simply re-installed AMVApp with everything and uninstalled the more obtrusive programs such as FFshow. I'm not sure what it install this time that I deselected the first couples of times I installed it. The colors were much better and not as grainy after doing a full install.

Any ideas what it is that caused this to begin with? Which codec? I had the latest Xvid installed, it has to have been something else.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”