I know nothing at all, and I hope you don't hate me for it..

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:24 am

trythil wrote:
madbunny wrote:actually. You DON'T need a dvd drive. If you have a capture card you can capture footage via cable at 1:1 speed.
If you like Macrovision screwing with your footage, then, yeah, that works great.

Otherwise, you'll need some additional hardware to repair the signal, or get a capture card that isn't affected by attempts to bork the automatic gain control.
true true.
Of course, I don't remember when it was, but I believe the supreme court ruled that you are allowed to make copies of your DVDs via pointing a video camera at the screen too.
I was just pointing out that there are all sorts of ways to do things. I had a student capture game footage in exactly the same say (using a capture card. Personally I like the idea of using HD raw captures, but they are kind of hard to come by (lots of fake upscales and such floating around).

bork... hahah... bork.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:00 am

I wanna thank all the good people who came to my call when I was in need, I know that sounds totaly cheese, but I've been to some jackass forums,

so anyway :D
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”