Question on Compression

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:35 pm

Kariudo wrote:it sounds like that file is already compressed with huffyuv or lagarith.
He said he was using Street Fighter, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually the movie compressed with DivX/XviD...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Bluffmaster
Org Profile

Post by Bluffmaster » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:58 am

did u listen on my first post i accdently made it into a divx for somereason i didand i dont now why the hell i did it and now the quality is like ok and i dotn want the quality to be worse so i am trying to find a way for me to save the quality and still use it on Vegas that what i meant the whole timei dont want my quality get worse so i am trying to save the rest of it thank yout

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:38 am

yeah...I read the first post after I posted that.

and everything in your last post has been covered.

1:scroll through your street fighter stuff (in virtualDub(/Mod)) and find clips that you want.
2:save those clips with a lossless codec (lossless means that you won't lose any quality)
3:import into vegas
4: ????
5:profit

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:33 pm

Bluffmaster wrote:did u listen on my first post i accdently made it into a divx for somereason i didand i dont now why the hell i did it and now the quality is like ok and i dotn want the quality to be worse so i am trying to find a way for me to save the quality and still use it on Vegas that what i meant the whole timei dont want my quality get worse so i am trying to save the rest of it thank yout
am i going dyslexic? woah
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

RosenRed
Org Profile

Post by RosenRed » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:21 am

One thing I've learned about AMVs is that you need to be patient. You don't even have the patience to use punctuation...no offence:)
IMO you should find the DVD and rip it again, do it right this time, and start over. In the Guides section you will find a lot of usefull information and I strongly suggest Absolute Destiny's guide.
If you really can't afford a new HD, you will have to do more work in preparation, before you start editing. Again I prompt you to browse the guides section.
<a>Deep Into The Rabbit Hole...</a>

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”