Exporting quality in After Effects 5

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
shadowfax16
Org Profile

Exporting quality in After Effects 5

Post by shadowfax16 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:41 pm

Whenever I import clips into AE they go in good quality, but when I export, they turn out really badly, and have ALOT of jaggies. In he options, I try my best to put everything on best picture quality, but it doesn't work....I even right click the video (in the video monitor) and set the video to best quality.

How do I get the same pictue quality from my original clip after edited it in AE?

V13tB0i
Org Profile

Post by V13tB0i » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:44 pm

Name 3 of the best quality choices there are. (or the ones you think)

shadowfax16
Org Profile

Post by shadowfax16 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:52 pm

Nevermind

its not AE..its Premiere, once I import the AE comp video into Premeire and export....the video gets all jaggy...but its weird, the other clips are perfectly fine, its just the AE comp video in premiere that gets bad quality.

V13tB0i
Org Profile

Post by V13tB0i » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:15 pm

I'll tell you something useful about exporting.

On Premiere export your movie as 720x480, or make the quality the best you can. And then the file size will be about 300k. After exporting it, use TMPENC (or w/e it was) and convert it to 320x240. Then it would be a small file with good quality. Probably after converting it, would prob be about 30k.

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:15 pm

V13tB0i wrote:I'll tell you something useful about exporting.

On Premiere export your movie as 720x480, or make the quality the best you can. And then the file size will be about 300k. After exporting it, use TMPENC (or w/e it was) and convert it to 320x240. Then it would be a small file with good quality. Probably after converting it, would prob be about 30k.
Wow. Worst advice ever.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Mushkin
Org Profile

Post by Mushkin » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:57 pm

yeah x2 on the above...thats dude it retarded. I can think of only one way when dealing with quality. always uncompressed...always always always I am on FCP. so I don't have these problems...Premiere sucks... sorry

V13tB0i
Org Profile

Post by V13tB0i » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:57 pm

Wow.. okay way to make fun of me. Sorry, thought I was pointing out something useful and you guys f*ck me over.

mikestrife
Org Profile

Post by mikestrife » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:58 am

Just a few quick points in case you haven't tried them.

1. The quality in the AE monitor doesn't nothing for eports. Make sure you set the quality to best in the Render Queue. Also, like Mushkin said, set the compressor to uncompressed in AE.

2. Another problem might be that the footage needs to be, and isnt' de-interlaced. Rendering out footage that isn't de-interlaced can often give that jaggy effect.

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:04 am

V13tB0i wrote:Wow.. okay way to make fun of me. Sorry, thought I was pointing out something useful and you guys f*ck me over.
Mainly because your advice was shitty and had nothing to do with the current discussion.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”