Important development for people who cant usually use AVS

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Important development for people who cant usually use AVS

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:34 am

The VFAPI part of DGIndex has been updated to

a) allow multiple instances and

b) allow conversion of avs scripts (not just d2v files).

See this thread http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=94184

This will allow you to make virtual avi files that will be able to play in ANY windows video editor. This means Vegas, Magix, WMM2, anything. It also means I may consider moving to vegas. We'll have to see about that one.

This is like the MakeAVIS technique but much more straightforward. I think the output will always be RGB but thats what your editing software will probably use anyway.

Once DGMPEGDec 1.4.0 becomes non-beta I'll update the amvapp accordingly.

TaranT
Org Profile

Re: Important development for people who cant usually use AV

Post by TaranT » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:56 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:...It also means I may consider moving to vegas....
:shock:

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:11 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:This will allow you to make virtual avi files that will be able to play in ANY windows video editor. This means Vegas, Magix, WMM2, anything.
Time to install Vegas trial. :)

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:35 am

Finaly, after all that vegas pimping I did back when I was a n00b here, things are starting to look good. Oh and if AD moves to vegas theirs the posibility that he'l actualy ask me for help with it :D . I'm geting a huge ego boost allready. Oh and I might also stop editing with divx now

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:54 am

I know how to use Vegas I just needed good avs support before I'd ever consider making videos with it.

However, there are things about the design of Vegas that I don't like and I'm going to have to weigh those against my issues with premiere 6 (lack of FILM support, poor motion settings, limited color correction and blending modes).

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:51 am

I've used it a bit and it works GREAT. If you have a good amount of hard drive space, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRYING IT OUT. For me AVS runs like shit in Premiere, and in VEGAS it runs awesome!!! If you don't have too much of a long script that is. Also it's easier for me to do effects and timing in Vegas, and I would recommend it to a lot of people. :D I was soo happy to hear this as you may tell since I'm mimage on the Doom9 forums, and this was all I was mainly asking for.
neuron2 wrote: Just keep the ideas coming! User suggestions and feedback are crucial. Thank you for stimulating this improved functionality.
Image[/quote]

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:01 am

Pushed submit too fast. :oops: Got a bit too use to the forums at Doom9 since the preview button is on the other side. Anyways here is the thread I meant to mention before.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=94267

The14thGOD
Org Profile

Post by The14thGOD » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:45 am

where do you even get the trial for Vegas, i tried looking b4 but i led myself to a dead end ^_^

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:56 am

I already had Magix working with MakeAVIs...

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:40 pm

What's the deal then? AVS and premiere pro run just fine for me. How does it work for some and not others? System Specs?

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”