AMV Free/Open Source Software Lists

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:40 pm

-Sage- wrote:VCL Player Great thing, plays almost anything, even eDonkey temp files. Plays all incomplete or damaged media that other players cannot.
FYI: VideoLAN was previously mentioned here.

-Sage-
Org Profile

Post by -Sage- » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:28 pm

Ohh sorry :shock:
And i also have error - VLC not VCL :lol:

Malid
Org Profile

Post by Malid » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:28 pm

look I really need help I need to convert wmv to avi I need a free program that can do that plz hlp me

Stud_Bagel
Org Profile

Post by Stud_Bagel » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:00 pm

AviTricks

This looks pretty good. Its a windows program, so those of us afraid to mess with linux don't have to.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:13 pm

Stud_Bagel wrote:AviTricks

This looks pretty good. Its a windows program, so those of us afraid to mess with linux don't have to.
This isn't free or open source software, as far as I can ascertain. Feel free to prove otherwise.

===

Announcement:

Cinelerra 2.0 has been released. It includes a wealth of new features and a more eye-friendly theme. Big improvements include lots of code cleanups and optimizations, native MPEG-2 index generation and H.264 export, improved UI, improved chroma keying, and more accurate motion curves.

See http://www.heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra ... og.2.0.txt for the full changelog.

Download location: http://www.heroinewarrior.com/download.php3

TwilightSora
Org Profile

Post by TwilightSora » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:15 am

It looks good, just wondering, would you reccomend that program over the others you listed in your first post. Im new to AMV creation and I was just wondering which one would is preffered by most people?

TwilightSora
Org Profile

Post by TwilightSora » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:18 am

Err, I was commenting on Cinelerra by that post, and I meant software not program. :lol:

Destiny_Angel88
Org Profile

Post by Destiny_Angel88 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:22 am

Hey there i'm trying to upload my first AMV i created on my computer. I've now gotten stuck on the Confirm upload: Introdutoin. It says about needing some kind of software...Cute FTP client , i don't have a clue what it is going on about so...if anyone would like to help me out i'd be really greatful....i think my AMVs are quite good for a first time and would really like to get feedback a.s.a.p.

Thankyou for your time....PM if you have any advise.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:51 am

TwilightSora wrote:Err, I was commenting on Cinelerra by that post, and I meant software not program. :lol:
It's in the first post.

Yes, I use it.
Destiny_Angel88 wrote: Hey there i'm trying to upload my first AMV i created on my computer. I've now gotten stuck on the Confirm upload: Introdutoin. It says about needing some kind of software...Cute FTP client , i don't have a clue what it is going on about so...if anyone would like to help me out i'd be really greatful....i think my AMVs are quite good for a first time and would really like to get feedback a.s.a.p.

Thankyou for your time....PM if you have any advise.
There's a command-line FTP client available in Windows. Additionally, Windows Explorer has built-in FTP facilities.

I haven't used Windows file transfer programs in a long while so I can't help you out with anything else. I use <a href="http://lftp.yar.ru/">LFTP</a>, but I don't think you can use it.

trythil
is
Org Profile

related work

Post by trythil » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:07 am

Some nifty examples of Blender animations:

http://www.blender.org/cms/Animation_Fe ... 718.0.html

Also, you may want to check out Blender CVS for the Google Summer of Code projects; among the really interesting additions are a fluid dynamics simulation system.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”