Video Game Footage

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
BlackMagicianGirl
Org Profile

Video Game Footage

Post by BlackMagicianGirl » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:04 pm

Alright, I dunno if this is my computer or the footage itself, I've been trying to make an amv using adobe premiere 6.0 and I just recently got a new computer ::kicks it:: with win xp... I get the footage to rip from the cd to the computer, but I can't use it because I can't get the footage to work... I get green bars... is this a codec problem? or is there something else that I have to use??

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Re: Video Game Footage

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:18 pm

BlackMagicianGirl wrote:Alright, I dunno if this is my computer or the footage itself, I've been trying to make an amv using adobe premiere 6.0 and I just recently got a new computer ::kicks it:: with win xp... I get the footage to rip from the cd to the computer, but I can't use it because I can't get the footage to work... I get green bars... is this a codec problem? or is there something else that I have to use??
Green bars sounds like a corrupted codec. What are you using? Oh, and did you know Quu has a guide in the "guides" section on the main page dedicated to ripping game footage? That might help out.

SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Post by SephirothJenova » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:13 pm

BMG:

I thought the character from Yugioh (I'm assuming that's where you got your username from) was Dark Magician Girl?

Sephiroth

BlackMagicianGirl
Org Profile

Post by BlackMagicianGirl » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:46 am

SephirothJenova wrote:BMG:

I thought the character from Yugioh (I'm assuming that's where you got your username from) was Dark Magician Girl?

Sephiroth
That's the dub name for her, originally in the Japanese, both her and Dark Magician are Black Magician, and Black Magician Girl. I created my name before she ever appeared in the dub ^_^

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:25 am

Did you try ripping the FMV footage to huffyuv instead of something else?(Sounds like you used Xvid or DivX?)
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”