Really need some help here!!

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Littlen1
Org Profile

Really need some help here!!

Post by Littlen1 » Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:32 pm

I'm an a-level media studies student and go to a college with very limited resources for this subject. I'm kinda havin a crisis cos i've gotta make the first 5 minutes of a thriller film & a music video all in the next 2 months! PANICKING!!
We've got adobe premier but only on 1 computer for all of the media students. Does any1 know if there's any software thats easy 2 use & not obscenely priced. Also...don't suppose any1 wants 2 so this for me do they?!!?!?!?!?! PLEASE!!!!! Just 1 of them?! Please?! I'll do anything!...well, within reason! :wink: Worth a try i guess!
Any help AT ALL would be SO appreciated! I'm even stuck on stuff like the storyboards etc...man I should just dig a big hole & hide in it 4 the next year!

PLEASE!!!! Some1's gotta help me after my little sob story!

Declan_Vee
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Declan_Vee » Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:53 pm

If you're still stuck on storyboards and the like, get that ready first, then why not use the Premiere 30 day trial version, (If you only have 2 months left) Of course it all depends on how much editing will be needed and how much time you can spend each day. You should be able to do 5 minutes in less than a month.
Best solution I can think of.
AMV Search | AMV Guides
AMV Live. "It's like Iron Chef, only too many cooks will spoil the broth"

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:38 pm

Why not try and get Dazzle, it's a capturing device for VHS and digital camera I haven't checked but DVD can also be hooked to it, but anywho's it also has a working cutting room and transitions, etc etc. It's rather easy to hook up and just as easy to use.

It only costs around $50 to $100 which isn't bad at all considering your getting a capture device and a project creator. :lol: :D

Waldo
Org Profile

Post by Waldo » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:30 pm

Did they give you any indication of what level of quality they are looking for? If they don't have that much available to the students than they can't really expect that much from you unless they want each student to go out and buy their own hardware/software(which some places do).

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”