What's Going On?

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
The_Digital_Phoenix
Org Profile

What's Going On?

Post by The_Digital_Phoenix » Sat Jul 13, 2002 1:17 pm

I was editing a vid when all of a sudden an erorr message popped up. I wasn't doing anything I haven't done before and as far as I can tell it was nothing I did. It happens almost every minute or so. This is what it said:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\PREMIERE 6.0\PREMIERE.EXE

abnormal program termination

[ OK ]

That is word for word what it said. What did I do? How can I fix this? Please help me, not being able to create vids is driving me nuts! :cry:

Thank you.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sat Jul 13, 2002 10:23 pm

I think this is the same kind of error message as "this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". I used to get that error often on my old computer with my old program after I did something it didn't like. I never had this error on my newer computer or in Premiere (which I only ever ran on my new computer).

It probably has something to do with the computer running out of memory. What kind of computer are you using?

The_Digital_Phoenix
Org Profile

Post by The_Digital_Phoenix » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:14 pm

You may be right about the memory bit, silver_moon. Like I said, It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing when it happens. It always ran so nicely before. I have tons of memory but I also have a lot of programs that run in the background. I'll get rid of those and then see if this problem pursists.
Thanks. ^_^

The_Digital_Phoenix
Org Profile

Post by The_Digital_Phoenix » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:33 pm

THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!!!! What the hell is wrong?! I can' stand not to edit! PLEASE, please help me!

Shulocc
Org Profile

Post by Shulocc » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:56 pm

Your either missing or have misplaced a .dll file that Windows needs to use the virtual memory in Premiere.

Solution:

Better start doing backups or try a system restore. Hope the restore works.

If it ever prompts you the exact file it's missing, search for it while you have your system disk in the CD-ROM. Have it search for the file on the system disk and replace it.

Preventative Maintence:

Inside your program files make a folder called "Win-dsk". Copy your 98, NT, ME(unless it's a gateway hunk of crap), or XP disk inside this folder. Just copy and paste. Cont-X Cont-B. Windows automatically will now go here to replace missing files.

Good luck and may the schwartz be with you.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”