TMPGEnc

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Sagara Sanosuke
Org Profile

TMPGEnc

Post by Sagara Sanosuke » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:25 pm

[read, re-read and read again the ErMaC's Guide]

Ok, my computer is a pentium2 500mhz with 256 meg of ram and a 27 meg hard drive and a DVD-ROM. My brothers computer is a celron 1.7(or 1.8 cant remember which)mhz with 256 meg of ram and an 11 meg hard drive. We're both on a 10/100 LAN and both our cards and router supports the 10/100.

I use Smartripper 2.41 on my computer to ripp the DVD into a .VOB file, no problem there. I use my computer again to convert it to a .VOB file to a .D2V file with DVD2AVI, again no problem.

Then trying to using TMPGEnc on my brothers computer to convert the .D2V to an .MPG and it doesnt work. What gives? Using TMPGEnc on my brothers computer wont even give me the time of day, such that it wont even let me see the .D2V that's on my computer. I have tell it to look for .D2V files specifically and then when I do try to open it it says that file type isnt supported.

Does it have something to do with that the files are on my computer? I'm not really understanding why my compter should support .D2V and his wouldn't. I really don't feel like reconfigering hardware with my brother since both the DVD-ROM and the 27gig hard drive where presents to me. :( Anyone have some usefull insight? Any help would be greatly appreacated.

Sano-San

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:37 pm

Firstly why are you tring to use a .D2V file in TMPEG?

I take it you're trying to edit with the DVD at the moment?

The D2V file should be used with AVISynth + MPEG2DEC.DLL.

~klinky

Sagara Sanosuke
Org Profile

Post by Sagara Sanosuke » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:43 pm

Ok. So then why does TMPGEnc work alright on my computer with .D2V and not my brothers? *gets confused*

but I'll try AVISynth if that'll help with it working on my brothers computer.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:53 pm

D2V files SHOULD work in TMPEG, or so I hear.

However, the guide never tells you to put the D2V file into TMPEG. It tells you in EXPLICIT detail that you're going to be using AviSynth.

TMPEG does not play a process in getting the DVD files into Premiere, it can play a part when you're done.

DVD2AVI was made by the same guy who made TMPEG, so that's why there is compatibility.

Also the Vobs, must REMAIN on the hard drive in the same folder as when you used DVD2AVI to get the D2V file.

jbone
Org Profile

Re: TMPGEnc

Post by jbone » Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:06 pm

Sagara Sanosuke wrote:Ok, my computer is a pentium2 500mhz with 256 meg of ram and a 27 meg hard drive and a DVD-ROM. My brothers computer is a celron 1.7(or 1.8 cant remember which)mhz with 256 meg of ram and an 11 meg hard drive.
Wow...such puny hard drives. I remember having an 80MB hard drive on my old 386...didn't realize they still made drives that small.

And your brother's 1.7MHz system sounds slow, too...he might want to upgrade. They're up to around 2GHz these days.

Sagara Sanosuke
Org Profile

Re: TMPGEnc

Post by Sagara Sanosuke » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:16 pm

HAHAHAHAhahahaha... haha... ha... awww crap. :(

jbone wrote:
Sagara Sanosuke wrote:Ok, my computer is a pentium2 500mhz with 256 meg of ram and a 27 meg hard drive and a DVD-ROM. My brothers computer is a celron 1.7(or 1.8 cant remember which)mhz with 256 meg of ram and an 11 meg hard drive.
Wow...such puny hard drives. I remember having an 80MB hard drive on my old 386...didn't realize they still made drives that small.

And your brother's 1.7MHz system sounds slow, too...he might want to upgrade. They're up to around 2GHz these days.
woops. :oops: i ment 27 gig :oops:

jBone kinda reminds me of those french guys on "Mighty Pyhon and the Holy Grail" when they say "and if you come back again we'll taunt you a second time!"

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:20 pm

Nah...I'll taunt you a second time even before you leave. ;-)

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:43 am

While I still don't know why you're trying to open the D2V file in TMPGEnc (you use the MPEG2DEC.DLL AVIsynth plugin to read the files in Premiere) the reason you're probably having trouble opening them is that you haven't installed the DVD2AVI VFAPI plugin.

TMPGEnc's input formats all work through plugins, and DVD2AVI includes its own VFAPI plugin which you stick in TMPGEnc's folder, setup, and then allows you to open D2V files in TMPGEnc. This is only usefull if you want to transcode between MPEG2->MPEG1/2 or something like that, which you aren't trying to do.

But just FYI...

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”