can premier handle

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Sub0
Org Profile

can premier handle

Post by Sub0 » Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:38 am

I've been looking through faqs etc. on how to do a few things but only had a few ?? answered, here are the ones I still have if ppl can help:

1) I figure it would be EASY for Premier too have a simple filter that puts two images (video feed a and feed b) side by side?? does it?

2) I wanna cut out a 'video model' and put it on a static background, sorta' like a moving gif, can premier handle that??

3) I wanna layer one video onto another (making the top layer transparent of coarse) can premier do this or do I need After Effects (or some other program)?

jbone
Org Profile

Re: can premier handle

Post by jbone » Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:49 am

Sub0 wrote:I've been looking through faqs etc. on how to do a few things but only had a few ?? answered, here are the ones I still have if ppl can help:

1) I figure it would be EASY for Premier too have a simple filter that puts two images (video feed a and feed b) side by side?? does it?

2) I wanna cut out a 'video model' and put it on a static background, sorta' like a moving gif, can premier handle that??

3) I wanna layer one video onto another (making the top layer transparent of coarse) can premier do this or do I need After Effects (or some other program)?
1) If I understand you correctly, you need to play with motion settings.

2) Again, if I understand you correctly, for this you need to work with both motion and transparency.

3) Yes, Premiere can to partial transparency.

Read through the manual's sections on motion and transparency. If you have any questions after that, feel free to ask.

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:26 pm

when i get home i can give you the page number that describes exactly what you want to do, as i had the same question and found the answer in there. Just as jbone says, play with motion and transparency to get it working.....it aint that hard rest assured, i'm sure you can figure it out.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:21 pm

:) thanks for answering!! but as for question 2 you seemed too answer the second part but not the first (misunderstanding probly), I have no idea how too capture that moving model... I looked into moving gifs and such (transparent backgrounds) but they seem too do it frame-by-frame. I hate too complain but... Isn't there any other way too capture a moving model? Background not necessary since I'd just make it transparent anyway ;-p.

:wink: I realize there are about 3 or 4 questionable spellings in there, please have mercy on me Jbone...

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:59 pm

Unfortunately, unless you use l33ter stuff than Premiere, you'll probably have to export the frames and make all the edits frame-by-frame.

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:05 pm

ditto.....with what J said, you could use something that does screen capture and do it that way. Depends on how you are generating the model....if you are using a decent modeling program, you should be able to set camara angle and capture what the animation should look like. Your going to to be verry specific on what exactly you are tying to capture.....is it a animated gif? something you ahve in 3d studio max.....other video source that has the moving model?
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:04 pm

There are various Key types you can use for transperancy.

Green screen would take a person walking past a green wall and then remove the green out of the image and make it transperant. The problem with this is that you have to watch lighting effects and you have to get a wall and a nice video camera to do that, it also doesn't work if what you're trying to composite was originally made on the computer. Like a picture, or a 3d model.

~klinky

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:23 pm

mckeed wrote:ditto.....with what J said, you could use something that does screen capture and do it that way. Depends on how you are generating the model....if you are using a decent modeling program, you should be able to set camara angle and capture what the animation should look like. Your going to to be verry specific on what exactly you are tying to capture.....is it a animated gif? something you ahve in 3d studio max.....other video source that has the moving model?
OK, I plan on having a vid of stuff like Sephiroth walking down my street ;-p so I planned on getting a vid of Seph, somehow cutting him out (frame by frame if I have too... that's 500 frames every 30 secs damit...), pasting the cut images/ model onto a bg of some pics I take (kinda' like that doughnuts vid w/ Trigun and Bebop) ;-p I know it's dooable...

so what kind of proggies are you talking about, J? like morphing progies? Photoshop?

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:29 pm

klinky wrote:There are various Key types you can use for transperancy.

Green screen would take a person walking past a green wall and then remove the green out of the image and make it transperant. The problem with this is that you have to watch lighting effects and you have to get a wall and a nice video camera to do that, it also doesn't work if what you're trying to composite was originally made on the computer. Like a picture, or a 3d model.

~klinky
-doh!- thanks, I just found my prob... I was putting the clips I wanted to transparentize into video1b instead of video2!! doh! Well I've messed with the trans' now ;-p I think I have a hold on it, thanks for the info. Yeah some things just don't trans enough than one click more and they're over transparentized... bwah...

That Green screan/ Blue sounds like quiz material ;-p I've yet too take a film class but I'll keep that in mind.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”