FF7 remake. Your reaction

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

FF7 remake. Your reaction

Post by Sephirothskr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:30 pm

Omfg they announced our dreams. Any thoughts? I'm spazzing out about it my jesus

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Re: FF7 remake. Your reaction

Post by Jwalk0 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Bliss. I have been up since 8PM last nite I am so ecstatic. I even got in touch and downloaded numerous reaction videos from numerous people so I could make a compilation video to upload on my YT channel which also includes my reaction, the vid itself is 4 hours long. I'll post a link here once it's ready. Now, even though I have been waiting for a FF7 remake since 2001 when I first played the game at the age of 14, and my inner child is screaming with joy, I do have some negatives about this.

1. They have barely started development. Even though I am glad we have confirmation that they are working on it, it would've been so much better if they came out and said that they've been working on this for years because we will probably not have this game for at least 4 years since they are going to make sure the graphics are the most improved thing throughout this massive game. Graphics in game development take up alotta time and money and Squenix takes their time due to the many games they make and other stuff. If Squenix does not balance out their time on the graphics to be on par with their time on everything else, content, battle system, music, materia system, world map, explorations, atmosphere, level designs, story, voice acting, pacing, et cetera, it will be FF13 all over again. FF7 has not aged well at all and I like the fact that the graphics will be improved, but I would've been perfectly cool if Squenix used a graphics engine from between FF12 to the last generation of consoles due to the fact that the game would have come out sooner.

2. They will do numerous changes to certain aspects of FF7, which is fine with me especially the translation issues of the original game, but they cannot go overboard with the changes otherwise they will break an already almost perfect game. If they are going to include things from Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Advent Children, and Dirge of Cerberus, they have to be very careful.

3. Squenix has been making bad decisions for many years lately, even though we have 3 key people working on the game, Squenix needs to redeem themselves in alotta ways with this game and stay on point the entire time.

4. This is for the other games in the series that came out on the Super Nintendo and the PS1. Corporate will demand that any game remade in the series should have modern graphics since the FF7 Remake will make over a billion dollars easily. Since the FF7 Remake will consume so much time and money, it is highly unlikely that we will have FF4, FF5, FF6, FF8, and FF9 done in the modern day style graphics in the coming generations. If they do for any of em, it will probably be FF4 since they have done so much in the past with FF4. I hope they can remake these games with a graphics engine from the PS2 to PS3 era someday.

Regardless of these nitpicks, FF7 for life. I'm so glad we have lived long enough to see this dream a reality and the Remake is a day 1 purchase for me whether it's the best game evar, in the middle, or terribad.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm conservatively optimistic. FF7 is probably my all-time favorite game. It shaped my gaming tastes in important ways and I played it at an important time of my life. It's one of those games that I can play through an endless number of times and it always feels like I'm playing through it the first time. Every time I start it up I get that awesome feeling of setting off on a huge, magnificent journey. No game will ever top it, as far as I'm concerned. I'll give it a perfect rating every time.

That said, it is objectively (or, as much as can be) flawed in lots of areas. The translation sucks. The battle system has aged horribly. It's ridiculously easy and unbalanced. Doing a remake like this is, for someone like me, a risky move. As much as I'd love to see FF7's world re-imagined with up-to-date graphics and (presumably) voice-acting and (hopefully) a re-worked battle system, there's something inside of me that really doesn't have any desire to experience it. As flawed as it is, those things happen to be a part of the FF7 that I love. Don't mess with the formula, get off my lawn, etc.

Still...I'm intrigued. A part of me is ridiculously excited, the other part mildly skeptical. I'm worried that they'll take it too far into too many directions that it was never intended to go. I'd prefer that they just keep it a straight re-make, without including any of the spinoff stuff that's come out over the years; or, if they do, merely hinting at it rather than directly including it. I also hope they really work on the translation...I love FF7, but the translation (or, at least the way it was presented through text) was awful. I think it'll be cool no matter what, and it's definitely going to be interesting to keep tabs on this as it develops. It's just a shame that it will be several years before this comes to completion...showing it at this early a stage in development was slightly evil, although I understand why they did it now rather than later -- it's going to gave the biggest impact at E3 vs. something getting leaked down the road.

Honestly, the thing I'm most excited about is that a whole new generation of gamers will get to experience FF7, who would otherwise not be caught dead playing a game from 1997. That's awesome. As lauded as it is, and as much as it gets touted as one of the greatest RPGs of all time, the modern gamer who grew up on Xbox 360 and PS3 (or later) graphics is going to take one look at FF7 and nope outta there. And I don't blame them...the game hasn't aged well. Bringing the game up to date at least ensures that it doesn't get lost to the annals of history...hopefully, anyway.

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 am

Highly agree. Now the vid's ready: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ubxpEMr3o#t=0m00s
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:29 am

Mhm I like this news , sure ff7 was fairly enjoyable experience. But not sure if it really needs an remake... There's free hd mods and it works fine emulation way if you dont have console. I guess it doesn't matter as long as it sells :shrug: . Tho it can be a blow if it will be done badly, can't afford ps4 anyway :shrug:
Still better than that MMO.

Tigrin
Org Profile

Post by Tigrin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:16 pm

I got as far as the end of the game, had to grind for experience, put the game down and never finished it. I get that it's a classic for a lot of people, though, so I'm happy it's happening.

I'd be happier if they finished Kingdom Hearts 3, though.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:07 pm

Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:24 am

This guy are sick.
Tigrin wrote:I got as far as the end of the game, had to grind for experience, put the game down and never finished it. I get that it's a classic for a lot of people, though, so I'm happy it's happening.
Really, the end-game grinding isn't *that* bad. At least, if you're actually using the Magic Pots and Jumping Balls or whatever the hell they're actually called (and exploiting the W-Item trick like there's no tomorrow - on regular items and Sources alike). Finding out about that room in the Crater was one of those headdesk moments. The first time I played through the game I got to Lv99 the hard way, grinding EXP and AP near Mideel.

It's pretty much gotten to the point that I play FF7 and FF8 annually now. Kind of a nervous tick. I finished the FF7 playthrough a little over a month ago.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:54 pm

All new DLC, $49.99 to unlock the Cloud doesn't kill Arith edition. Coming this fall!
ImageImageImageImage

Tsu!
Org Profile

Post by Tsu! » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:58 pm

ngsilver wrote:All new DLC, $49.99 to unlock the Cloud doesn't kill Arith edition. Coming this fall!
I think you played a different edition than the rest of us... :lol:
Fanime 2014-2015, 2018-2019 AMV Contest - Department Head
Fanime 2016-2017 AMV Contest - Lurking Department Second

Return to “General Discussion”