I'm looking for a game..

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Gigatless
BEHOLD, CORN!
Org Profile

I'm looking for a game..

Post by Gigatless » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:13 am

When was the last time you had that feeling in game: "I want to have an extra moment in this amazing storyline to go explore this world to find new bosses to get amazing new weapon and armor"?

I remember I had that feeling in Fable I, FFX, Spellforce (can't recall them all)
So I'm looking for games like that for the PC.

Mostly with fighting systems like DMC (Something realtime to enjoy the battle at most) :book:
I love my women like I love my AMV - furious low skilled action without any sync and technique.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will suppress the detest.. and ignore the faith.
Curb the repulsion, and the depression.. and the dread and the hate.
I will get back up on the stage.. because I love you all
I'll keep pouring my heart out.. Cause This Is- Fucking- Rock N Roll!

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Re: I'm looking for a game..

Post by GloryQuestor » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:27 pm

My first choice based on that would be Skyrim. Lots of storylines to discover and play through, lots of items to find (and craft yourself), and tons of great additional campaigns, miniquests, and items available through modding.

You should also check out some of the D&D offerings, especially Neverwinter Nights, Planescape: Torment, and Temple of Elemental Evil. All three are epic story-driven adventures I think you would like.

I also just picked up Silver recently. Based on reviews and gameplay footage, it looks like the kind of game you would be into. It's also $1.49 on GOG right now and will be gone from GOG in the next couple of days, so you better hurry if you want it.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:00 pm

gigatless wrote:When was the last time you had that feeling in game: "I want to have an extra moment in this amazing storyline to go explore this world to find new bosses to get amazing new weapon and armor"?

I remember I had that feeling in Fable I, FFX, Spellforce (can't recall them all)
So I'm looking for games like that for the PC.

Mostly with fighting systems like DMC (Something realtime to enjoy the battle at most) :book:
The last time I enjoyed a game in that way was The Witcher 2. It's an excellent game with a great story, characters, art design and soundtrack. I highly recommend it. Just be aware that the combat is incredibly unforgiving and you really need to learn how to use traps, signs, and ROLL DODGE.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:46 am

For story, you may have already played it, there is The Walking Dead games, those are quite good and fairly engaging. Similar to the Walking Dead, there is The Wolf Among Us, which is by the same people and again has quite the engaging story line. Skyrim and the Fall Out games (Starting with 3) I know are open world, and have hours of side quests on top of the full story which is a good few hours, plus there is DLC for them (or at least Fall Out has DLC not completely sure about Skyrim and DLC though). If you haven't played the Persona games, Persona 3 is really good and I have a lot of trouble putting that one down, I have to make sure I have a good few days off if I'm going to play that one as I have played for over 12 hours straight stopping only to go to the bathroom...I didn't eat. So I'd say those are pretty engaging and it's in a similar style to Final Fantasy in it's battle system. Though Persona 3 is only for PS2 so that is the only one on the list that isn't PC. Also there are some free MMORPG that focus a lot on story and still have a battle system, like Star Wars The Old Republic and that one is free to play and I enjoy it a lot. So may check one of those out.

PierceTheHeavens
Org Profile

Post by PierceTheHeavens » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:57 pm

It's not out yet, but I definitely recommend Destiny for when it does come out in a week.

Destiny is set seven hundred years into the future in a post-apocalyptic setting following a prosperous period of exploration, peace, and technological advancement known as the Golden Age. In a universe where humans have spread out and colonized planets in the Solar System, an event known as "the Collapse" saw the mysterious dissolution of these colonies, the end of the Golden Age, and mankind teetering on the brink of extinction. The only known survivors of the Collapse are those living on Earth, who were saved by "the Traveler," a white, spherical celestial body whose appearance centuries before had enabled humans to reach the stars. The Traveler now hovers above the last safe city on Earth, and its presence allows the Guardians — the defenders of the City — the ability to wield an unknown power, only referred to as "The Light."

Upon mankind's first attempt to repopulate and reconstruct after the Collapse, it is discovered that hostile alien races have occupied mankind's former colonies and civilizations and are now encroaching upon the City. The player takes on the role of one such Guardian, and is tasked with reviving the Traveler while investigating and destroying the alien threats before humanity is completely wiped out.

Bungie has emphasized that the universe of Destiny will be "alive." Events may happen in-game that are not necessarily controlled or planned by the developer, which will help to create a dynamic developing experience for Bungie and a dynamic playing experience for gamers. The game's style has been described as a first-person shooter that will incorporate massively multiplayer online game (MMO) elements, but Bungie has avoided defining Destiny as a traditional MMO game. Instead, the game has been referred to as a "shared-world shooter," as it lacks many of the characteristics of a traditional MMO game. For instance, rather than players being able to see and interact with all other players in the game or on a particular server—as is the case in many conventional MMO games—Destiny will include on-the-fly matchmaking that will allow players to see and interact only with other players with whom they are "matched" by the game.

Players will be given the opportunity to create a character, choosing both a race and a class. Unlike choosing a race, choosing a class has a massive effect on how Destiny is played and on character development. Each class has its own 'focus', which is a special ability that can be used in co-op missions and competitive matches to turn the tides in the player's favour. These focuses' abilities can be offensive, defensive, or buffing (for the player's three-man 'fireteam'). The most effective ability of a focus is called a 'super,' which is a skill move that a Guardian can use in battle. Each super has an upgradeable skill tree. Based on the Destiny Reveal ViDoC, it appears players will have the ability to create multiple characters of different species and classes.

andersonsmith
Org Profile

Post by andersonsmith » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:09 am

Have you tried some games like Project IGI, series or Max Payne series.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:59 am

PierceTheHeavens wrote:It's not out yet, but I definitely recommend Destiny for when it does come out in a week.

Destiny is set seven hundred years into the future in a post-apocalyptic setting following a prosperous period of exploration, peace, and technological advancement known as the Golden Age. In a universe where humans have spread out and colonized planets in the Solar System, an event known as "the Collapse" saw the mysterious dissolution of these colonies, the end of the Golden Age, and mankind teetering on the brink of extinction. The only known survivors of the Collapse are those living on Earth, who were saved by "the Traveler," a white, spherical celestial body whose appearance centuries before had enabled humans to reach the stars. The Traveler now hovers above the last safe city on Earth, and its presence allows the Guardians — the defenders of the City — the ability to wield an unknown power, only referred to as "The Light."

Upon mankind's first attempt to repopulate and reconstruct after the Collapse, it is discovered that hostile alien races have occupied mankind's former colonies and civilizations and are now encroaching upon the City. The player takes on the role of one such Guardian, and is tasked with reviving the Traveler while investigating and destroying the alien threats before humanity is completely wiped out.

Bungie has emphasized that the universe of Destiny will be "alive." Events may happen in-game that are not necessarily controlled or planned by the developer, which will help to create a dynamic developing experience for Bungie and a dynamic playing experience for gamers. The game's style has been described as a first-person shooter that will incorporate massively multiplayer online game (MMO) elements, but Bungie has avoided defining Destiny as a traditional MMO game. Instead, the game has been referred to as a "shared-world shooter," as it lacks many of the characteristics of a traditional MMO game. For instance, rather than players being able to see and interact with all other players in the game or on a particular server—as is the case in many conventional MMO games—Destiny will include on-the-fly matchmaking that will allow players to see and interact only with other players with whom they are "matched" by the game.

Players will be given the opportunity to create a character, choosing both a race and a class. Unlike choosing a race, choosing a class has a massive effect on how Destiny is played and on character development. Each class has its own 'focus', which is a special ability that can be used in co-op missions and competitive matches to turn the tides in the player's favour. These focuses' abilities can be offensive, defensive, or buffing (for the player's three-man 'fireteam'). The most effective ability of a focus is called a 'super,' which is a skill move that a Guardian can use in battle. Each super has an upgradeable skill tree. Based on the Destiny Reveal ViDoC, it appears players will have the ability to create multiple characters of different species and classes.
No, this doesn't read like a Bungie advertisement at all. :bzz: :ying: :bzz2:
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Fire_Starter wrote:
PierceTheHeavens wrote:It's not out yet, but I definitely recommend Destiny for when it does come out in a week.

No, this doesn't read like a Bungie advertisement at all. :bzz: :ying: :bzz2:
Totally not. And I recommend games I haven't played yet all the time. :ying:
:ying:

Longardia
Org Profile

Post by Longardia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:16 pm

If you're looking for fantasy style RPGs, with a good storyline I would suggest Rogue Galaxy. It's a space traveling JRPG with fantastic graphics and a great story. It never got the attention it deserved. It was originally for the PS2 but I know there are some emulators for it.

Giovanni Polen
Org Profile

Post by Giovanni Polen » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:56 am

Longardia wrote:If you're looking for fantasy style RPGs, with a good storyline I would suggest Rogue Galaxy. It's a space traveling JRPG with fantastic graphics and a great story. It never got the attention it deserved. It was originally for the PS2 but I know there are some emulators for it.
Great game! You won't regret playing it.
I live over here

Return to “General Discussion”