Round 5: Reading Rainbow {Results & Videos Available}

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Round 5: Reading Rainbow {Results & Videos Available}

Post by Kireblue » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:30 pm

“One of the best inventions ever was the book. A book lets you zoom through time and space, but don't bother packing; you can stay in one place. When you read a good book, you bring the book to life. But you don't have to take my word for it.” - Levar Burton, host of Reading Rainbow

Round Challenge
For the final preliminary round, you will be creating an AMV inspired by a form of literature. This can be a novel, folklore, fable, fairytale, poem or whatever form of literature that you like. You may tell the story as it was originally told, or put your own creative spin on it. But for the purpose of this competition; comic books, manga, and other forms of anime derivative works are not permitted to be selected as the referenced literature.

Round 5 Deadline:
Sunday, July 24th @ 11:59PM EST

Submitting Your Video:
When finished, please upload your video to a reputable file sharing service and send the download link to me via a private message on animemusicvideos.org. The body of your message should also include the title of your video, and a link to the Wikipedia page that lists your literature. Google Drive and Dropbox are the preferred methods of uploading your video, but please ensure that the URL you send is a “shared” or “public” link. Sendspace is not recommended due to a daily download limit that it imposes. Note: Youtube or ”streaming only” links will not be accepted. You do not have to wait until the final day to submit your video. You are also free to publicly share and upload your videos before the deadline. Just be aware that doing so may help your opponents. If you finish early and feel that your video does not need anymore tweaking, you may submit it at any time before Sunday, July 24th @ 11:59PM EST. At the end of each round, all the submitted videos will be made available to the public to stream on google drive. If you would like the download option to be disabled on your video and to only allow it to be streamed, please add this request to the body of your submission message. By default, all videos will be made available for download unless the editor specifically requests that it doesn't. Editors also have the option to request that one of their videos be completely unavailable to the public, and only the judges will be able to view it. This option is only available during the preliminary rounds, can only be used once, and can not be changed to a different video (even if the editor chooses to remove the restriction on the previous one).

[Join Project Org Editor 2016 Skype Group]

Abogado
Org Profile

Re: Round 5: Reading Rainbow {Deadline: July 24th}

Post by Abogado » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:49 am

Ooh interesting! I assume it's not sufficient to just use an anime adaptation of a novel, but would it be ok to use an anime that's already loosely based on a piece of literature?

PantherMarie1988
Org Profile

Post by PantherMarie1988 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:23 am

Abogado wrote:Ooh interesting! I assume it's not sufficient to just use an anime adaptation of a novel, but would it be ok to use an anime that's already loosely based on a piece of literature?
my question as well...gankutsuou, romeo & Juliet, the tale of priness kaguya - all anime based off of literature? =O
Hi There!
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:39 am

PantherMarie1988 wrote:
Abogado wrote:Ooh interesting! I assume it's not sufficient to just use an anime adaptation of a novel, but would it be ok to use an anime that's already loosely based on a piece of literature?
my question as well...gankutsuou, romeo & Juliet, the tale of priness kaguya - all anime based off of literature? =O
kireblue wrote:for the purpose of this competition; comic books, manga, and other forms of anime derivative works are not permitted to be selected as the referenced literature.
If the anime is already based on literature, then it is considered a derivative work. And so using it will not count as satisfying the theme.

Abogado
Org Profile

Post by Abogado » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:27 pm

I still haven't decided what to do lol...would making a trailer AMV for a movie that was based on a book fit the theme? The anime wouldn't be based on the book but the audio would. (sorry for all these questions, btw)

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Abogado wrote:I still haven't decided what to do lol...would making a trailer AMV for a movie that was based on a book fit the theme? The anime wouldn't be based on the book but the audio would. (sorry for all these questions, btw)
You kinda have to decide that one on your own. Unless there are specific rules prohibitong something, you're allowed to do it. Its up to each individual judge to decide if it fits the theme or not.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Round 5 is now over, and we received a total of 12 videos.
Note: Pikapwn has requested his video to be set to private

All the available videos can be viewed here, and the results will be posted within the next few days

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Scara99
Org Profile

Re: Round 5: Reading Rainbow {Videos Available}

Post by Scara99 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Really enjoyed every video! Great job everyone! ^^
I especially love "Nevermore" by OnyxAMVs, I replayed it so many times already and I still get chills everytime! Amazing job c:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Round 5: Reading Rainbow {Videos Available}

Post by Kireblue » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:24 am

The Round 5 Results are now available |:>

Also, congrats to psychoticjesus, MadMegatax and UnluckyArtist for each winning Judges Awards

Return to “Project Org Editor 2016”