Yogscast Rythian animated trailer: Blackrock Chronicle

This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.

Moderator: Forum moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.
  • Note: The videos posted here do not need a corresponding catalog entry.
ZaCloud
Org Profile

Yogscast Rythian animated trailer: Blackrock Chronicle

Post by ZaCloud » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Yoski broskis! Man, it's been forever. Anyway, I realized I forgot to submit a trailer I animated for Yogscast Rythian's "Blackrock Chronicle" series (Also known as Tekkit, or The Tekkit Adventure in earlier episodes). So I figured I'll go ahead and do that.

For those who don't know, it's a plot-driven Let's Play of Minecraft, using the Tekkit modpack (which itself was derived from Technic). Which then moved to a different server/modpack. Sadly, the story is unfinished, but what's there has a great balance of action, drama, angst, comedy, and FEELS!

It took me months to make this trailer. Choosing and putting together dialogue, and editing the audio, was my first task, and went surprisingly smoothly. Then came drawing and animating. I... was proud of it at the time, now I cringe. I've since drastically improved (though I haven't finished my 2nd major animation project to show it yet). But oh well, I still put lots of work into it, so hopefully some fans of the series can enjoy it. And if it helps introduce you to the series? Awesome. :3

The video description provides all necessary links for the YouTube series itself. Enjoy~!

keinhikari
Org Profile

Re: Yogscast Rythian animated trailer: Blackrock Chronicle

Post by keinhikari » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:59 am

You surely are fascinated with the game Minecraft. Loving the story telling portion on your video.

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Post by ZaCloud » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:52 pm

keinhikari wrote:You surely are fascinated with the game Minecraft. Loving the story telling portion on your video.
Yay, thanks! :)

I played the heck out of it years ago, not so much nowadays. I used to have a Let's Play series of it on YouTube where I attempted speed-runs that always ended in bullcrap (or as I named the series, Bullcraft), and on my own time I played with extremely difficult mods just trying to survive. I even made an adventure map called "End-Bringer" where you play an Enderman serving the Ender Dragon to complete a monument for her (though you have the choice along the way to rebel, multiple endings).

To this day though, I still think Endermen are awesome. I have an animation in progress about my old fan-theory of Rythian's origin, which I'll upload whenever I feel inspired to finish it. It involves lots and lots of Endermen and the dragon. :mrgreen:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:19 am

I deleted your video's catalog entry and added a youtube embed to your post. Although videos of all types of animation are allowed in this section of the forum, only videos that use anime footage are allowed to be cataloged into the site's database.

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Post by ZaCloud » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:26 pm

kireblue wrote:I deleted your video's catalog entry and added a youtube embed to your post. Although videos of all types of animation are allowed in this section of the forum, only videos that use anime footage are allowed to be cataloged into the site's database.
But then, why do the sources "Original animation" and "original artwork" even exist? GMVs are allowed on this site, and they don't use anime. Music vids using Western animation are allowed on this site (marked as non-anime). And my animation was anime-styled, shouldn't that count?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:20 pm

ZaCloud wrote:
kireblue wrote:I deleted your video's catalog entry and added a youtube embed to your post. Although videos of all types of animation are allowed in this section of the forum, only videos that use anime footage are allowed to be cataloged into the site's database.
But then, why do the sources "Original animation" and "original artwork" even exist? GMVs are allowed on this site, and they don't use anime. Music vids using Western animation are allowed on this site (marked as non-anime). And my animation was anime-styled, shouldn't that count?
You're allowed to upload videos that use "Original animation" or "original artwork", but only if they also include a significant amount of anime footage (enough to warrant them being classified as a AMV). In terms of videos that use game footage, they're allowed only when the footage consists of anime-style video game cut scenes (such as Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy). And so Minecraft gameplay footage isn't something that would fall into that category. This is mentioned on the Enter a new video page and the site faq

But like I said earlier, you're video is more than welcome here in the "Other Videos" forum. It's just not allowed to be entered into the video catalog.

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Post by ZaCloud » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:13 am

kireblue wrote:(info)
Ahh, I see, I misunderstood (and the rules were either less strict or more often broken when I was younger). Sorry about uploading/categorizing incorrectly. I won't do that again.

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Post by ZaCloud » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:06 am

Huh, now I see why I was confused. On the page where you actually upload the video, it says the following:
WHAT YOU MAY UPLOAD
You are only allowed to upload music videos that are entirely or mostly created using:

Japanese Animation. As in animation produced in Japan generally for a Japanese market. NOT western animation that looks-kinda-like-anime.
Japanese Videogame Cutscenes. Final Fantasy and the like.
Anime-inspired stills or animation created by you. However, we reserve the right to declare any 'original animation' entry as unsuitable for the site if it is not in the spirit of anime music videos or the amv community.
Mine was following the one I bolded. So, I guess the rules change depending on which part of the submission process one looks at. That's why I always thought original anime-style animation was acceptable. :/

Return to “Other Videos”