Green Paradise (my first attempt at a live action edit

This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.

Moderator: Forum moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.
  • Note: The videos posted here do not need a corresponding catalog entry.
SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Green Paradise (my first attempt at a live action edit

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:21 am

video source: Green Planet, A life on our planet (BBC)
audio source: Wintergatan - "Paradis", selected quotes by David Attenborough

Last year I watched a lot of David Attenborough nature documentaries, but here was one in particular (A Life on Our Planet) that really had a big impact on me. Its described as Attenborough's "witness statement" on how drastically the planet's ecosystems have have been affected by human negligence in the 90 years he's been alive. His message is what inspired me to create this video, so I decided to wait until the next spring to start working on it to have ready by Earth Day. Green Planet is another amazing documentary with some incredible stop-motion timelapse of plants growing, so I chose that as my main video source for most of the video. I chose Wintergatan's Paradis because I didn't want to use a song with lyrics, as that would feel to pretentious, and the song always gave me strong "Mother Nature" emotions whenever I listened to it. Adding Attenborough's wise words over the music was a must. I've always been an environmentalist and conservationist at heart, ever since I can remember.. so I have always had strong feelings about preserving nature and our responsibility to keeping it in balance.

Return to “Other Videos”