Live For You - She Ra and the Princesses of Power AMV

This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.

Moderator: Forum moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.
  • Note: The videos posted here do not need a corresponding catalog entry.
The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Live For You - She Ra and the Princesses of Power AMV

Post by The_McLaughlin » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:39 am

Video: Live For You
Category: Action, Drama, Romance
Anime: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power
Song: Before I Die
Artist: Papa Roach
Creator: The_McLaughlin

I really enjoyed making this video. Its with what I guess you could call an unexpected source for me, as I do not believe I am within this shows targeted demographic whatsoever. However I threw it on one night while I was finishing up lifting weights as I had just finished whatever I was watching at the time. Kind of thought it would be a well I enjoyed Voltron but She-Ra doesn't seem like something I'd be real into, but I'm almost done with this work out so why not try an episode or two. Then fell in love with the writing and characters of the show. I absolutely adored this show and its become one of my go to shows when I have nothing else to watch, and quickly became a show that I wanted to edit something with I just didn't have any songs that would work. Fast-forward too many re-watches of the show to count, and one night while stuck working a 16 hour shift I heard this song and it just kind of clicked. This was the song. So I made this. Not perfect in anyway. In fact I'd say it feels rushed in some places and I think it was just there were so many scenes that I wanted to include. I cut a lot of them out trying to strengthen up the video and the concept its self but I still wanted to include as many moments as I possible. However I feel like some sections of the video may suffer somewhat because of that. On the flip side I can't just keep working on it forever as I'll never release it. I feel like despite it being rushed I found a decent balance between cutting out what was too much and including what I wanted in the video. And seeing as this video was really edited more for me anyway (that's been my editing theme here lately) its flaws don't bother me too much. Anyway, enjoy my She-Ra Video, constructive criticism is welcome as I already know the video has flaws so may as well learn from them for the future.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Live For You - She Ra and the Princesses of Power AMV

Post by seasons » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:09 am

I liked this a lot. Good scene selection, good sync, very easy to follow and never boring.

That's a pretty boring and unhelpful bit of feedback but I wanted you to know that it's been seen and enjoyed.

Return to “Other Videos”