Virtual Drives and DVD Decrypter

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
LivingFlame
Org Profile

Virtual Drives and DVD Decrypter

Post by LivingFlame » Tue May 12, 2009 6:50 pm

So I've taken to backing up my DVD's on my HDD by ripping ISOs via DVD Decrypter. All well and good. Here's my question. If I mount the ISO to a Virtual Drive, is there a way to get DVD Decrypter to recognize that drive? I was playing with it last night, but I couldn't manage to get it to work. If it is possible, it just seems that it would be convenient to be able to utilize such a method to rip footage as opposed to digging out a DVD to rip.

If not, then I can stick to just using the actual DVD to rip. Not a big deal. :P
... yea ...

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Virtual Drives and DVD Decrypter

Post by Zarxrax » Tue May 12, 2009 7:37 pm

If you have an ISO it's probably already decrypted, so you could just load the vobs straight into DGIndex. Of course they wont be split into chapters or anything though.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Tue May 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Does DGIndex take ISO files directly? The only reason I was even considering virtual drives was because I assumed I'd have to use a ripper of some sort to get to the VOB files. If that's not the case then that just made things simpler than I even imagined.

I'd check on this myself but I'm not at my PC right now; I'm on my Mac.
... yea ...

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Tue May 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Do Macs have a WinRAR type program? I know that if I make an ISO, I open it as if it were a .rar or .zip package, and extract the whole VIDEO_TS folder.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Tue May 12, 2009 8:56 pm

It does have a program to extract RAR files, yes. However, my ISOs are on my PC, so I think it's a moot point. I'm just not at my PC to test these things right now. Once I get back to it, I'll play with these things myself, so if nobody answers, I think I can manage with the information Zarx was kind enough to give.
... yea ...

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue May 12, 2009 9:01 pm

Nope it cant open isos directly (at least i dont think it can). You need to mount them first.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Tue May 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Ah, ok, I see what you're getting at now. That sounds good, then; I'll just do that.

Thanks a lot for the info.
... yea ...

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”