Speed Grapher DVD question

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
dowhatnow
Org Profile

Speed Grapher DVD question

Post by dowhatnow » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:51 pm

I just ripped the first of the series of 6 Speed Grapher DVDs and started indexing the VOBs. Now normally, I'd "play" through about two to three minutes of footage and figure out what I need to do from there, but I encountered something unfamiliar. It seems like every few seconds the footage plays, it jerks back to its starting point and plays the same clip again.

So the questions are: "Has anyone come across and overcome this before?" and "What's the cause of this and how do I work around it?"

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:55 pm

It sounds like an issue with the different angles of the footage. I cannot remember how they solved it but I'll lurk around and see what I can dig up and report back here.
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:56 pm

That sounds like the multiple angle problem. To solve this, you back a re-rip your vobs in ifo mode instead of file mode (if you use dvd decrypter, I haven't used anything else so I'm not sure if this option is universal or not)

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Kariudo wrote:That sounds like the multiple angle problem. To solve this, you go back and re-rip your vobs in ifo mode instead of file mode (if you use dvd decrypter, I haven't used anything else so I'm not sure if this option is universal or not)
bah, updating my site is taking its toll...fix'd

dowhatnow
Org Profile

Post by dowhatnow » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:01 pm

Kariudo wrote:That sounds like the multiple angle problem. To solve this, you go back and re-rip your vobs in ifo mode instead of file mode (if you use dvd decrypter, I haven't used anything else so I'm not sure if this option is universal or not)
I had suspected that it was something with my DVD Decrypter settings, but I wasn't sure which. Thanks.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:04 pm

See? Nice and simple

/favs the page for future reference.
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”