Help Ripping Narutimate Accel 2

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
XiaoMovieMaker
Org Profile

Help Ripping Narutimate Accel 2

Post by XiaoMovieMaker » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:23 pm

So, I recently purchased the game and love it.
I'm trying to find the video files from the game so I can extract them, but I can't seem to find them.

All the .pss files are cutscenes from RPG mode, but I want different footage, such as the ougis/specials.

There are no other pss files to demultiplex, so the only possibility left are the .bin files and the .cvm files.

I originally thought that the .bin files had the data I was looking for, but I can't seem to get them to play. [They won't play on VLC media player, and when i convert them with ISO Buster, they still don't play as mpg files.]

Anyway, it's kind of complicated, but I hope someone can help me~

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:16 pm

-Most of the time, .bin files are used to store multiple files in. They can be composed of anything (game data, character models, music data, etc.) -- So there may not be any movie data within those .bin files at all.

-I'm willing to bet the .cvm files contains adx encoded audio files. But don't take my word for it. Scan it w/ cube media player 2. If you don't have it, you can download it here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/40681004/8c ... 2=403tNull

If you're lucky, cube media player might just find some more movies within that .cvm file.

-Are you sure that what you're looking for isn't being played back in real time using the ps2's hardware? Because if it is, you might be forced to capture the footage instead. Do these ougis/specials contain the opponent the move is being executed against within the animation? That's usually a good indicator, though not guaranteed.

-It's possible that the moves have been encoded differently using different codecs. This would make any search and extract programs useless. Though most of the time, developers don't bother to encode movies differently within the same game or place them within files hidden from the rest.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”