opinions/help with 1click DVD please ^_^

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Sangochan08
Org Profile

opinions/help with 1click DVD please ^_^

Post by Sangochan08 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:01 pm

a while ago i tried downloading AMVapp but i could never figure out how to use it really and the few things that seemed to download at all wouldn't work in premier. idk i might just be dumb XD, ive read the guides on this site but it hasn't gotten me too far.
so my computer died and where we took it to get it fixed they told me to use DVD43 and 1clickDVD. it seemed to work ok the first time except there were a few lines in the motion, but when i tried another one it didn't rip the episodes just the menus so idk if it's worth buying if it will only rip a few DVDs.

can anyone whose tried it tell me if it's worth getting or if not recommend something else that isn't insanely hard to use. i know i could figure the AMVapp stuff out if i could have someone show me but since i can't I'm having issues. is there another program that does the same thing that would work with DVD43? i don't mind paying if its worth the cost.

any help would be really really appreciated :)

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Why pay when the ripper in the AMVApp, and plenty of places if you use google, is free and perfectly good to use?

And a step by step guide to using AMVApp (recommended you read it all):

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtechbeta/
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:27 pm

You can use DVD Decrypter... You get it when you download the AMVApp... O.o

Sangochan08
Org Profile

Post by Sangochan08 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:51 pm

(it was a few months ago) but I've tried decrypter and it took almost 3 hours for 1 DVD and even though i was trying to follow the steps it didn't come out right. almost every step took more than and hour and my computer is a lil slow but not that slow. i couldn't get avisynth to work and the movie file froze and skipped in premier and VLC player. I've tried it more than once but the files never came out right. i just want a simpler way and i'd gladly pay if it would work properly. or if i could at least understand how to use the other stuff but the guides just confused me. is there like a vid of someone doing all the stuff that it says in the guide so i could actually see what they're talking about?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:06 am

a few dvds (like the FullMetal Alchemist dvds) need to be ripped in file mode (as opposed to ifo mode) or it'l look like the video is jerky and playing back the same little set of frames twice

it shouldn't take 3 hours for a dvd, but that also depends on the read speed of your drive

Sangochan08
Org Profile

Post by Sangochan08 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:28 am

maybe... the ones i got to actually rip were utena the movie and sukisho and neither really worked

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”