How do you rip footage from an xbox 360 game?

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
ef
Org Profile

How do you rip footage from an xbox 360 game?

Post by ef » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:23 pm

I've been wanting to make a devil may cry video but I have DMC 4 for the xbox 360 and I was wondering if anyone tried ripping from a 360 game before. If so, please help!

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:52 am

I've tried ripping the 360 version to this game. Having said that, I might as well post the details.

All DMC4's cut scenes are ran in real time using the 360's hardware to animate the cutscenes.

This means the only footage you'll be able to rip from DMC4 is the opening trailer to the game (which you can easily find and download online in HD) and a whole bunch of short low quality gameplay clips.

For the record, the footage you can extract from DMC4 is encoded with a WMV9 codec. Unfortunately I don't know of a program which can scan iso's and extract files of that type. So the only method I can suggest would be the method I used. I used a hex editor to search and extract what little footage there is.

In the end, you'll either have to download or capture the footage yourself. Sorry.

ef
Org Profile

Post by ef » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:30 am

well that sucks...... But thanks anyway. then i guess downloading would be easier. But from what I checked [MOD42: redacted] doesn't have the fmv's for DMC4 yet. I'll just google it or check yahoo then.

Johnson Nguyen
Org Profile

Post by Johnson Nguyen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:43 pm

Yeah he's right. You might as well save yourself time and download the scenes which you want. =/ GOod luck!

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”