Old unrippable game music guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
EvaFan
Org Profile

Old unrippable game music guide.

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:03 am

I'm not taking credit for this guide but i figured other people who have been wanting to edit or just even listen to the old game music that they love, like in my case the old SNES mega man X games music before the crummy music started. If something along these lines has been posted before then forgive me.

The original Guide can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/mark7home/spctomp3.html

It's kind of outdated and stuffs but more or less follows procedure.

You can get just about any of the games that induces the nostalgia your looking for here:
http://snesmusic.org/v2/

Click on the letter at the top to navigate through the games lists. Find the game you want and click it. Then download the SPC/RSN file.

Assuming you have installed winamp and the SNESamp plugin (LamedropXPd is not needed) you are ready to begin.

Steps 5 and 6 can be skipped by just selecting the "Like the SNES bubble" and step 7 is open for you to mess with. It is for setting timelengths of endless repeating files. I suggest you leave it alone if you don’t know what your doing.

Proceed to step 8 and after clicking configure and setting the output location i suggest you use "Convert to format: IMA ADPCM 44,100kHz, 4bit, stereo" for conversion if you don’t feel like messing around yourself. Everything else can be left the same.

Ok your ready to convert.

Drag the SPC/RSN file onto your playlist and click the play button. The spc/rsn file will decompress and show all the tracks on the playlist as it generates wav files in the location you specified.

After all your converting is done press CTRL+P and set your output back to DirectSound or whatever it was on beforehand. The Disk writer is for creating files / converting only not listening to music.

Enjoy your nostalgia trip. I have been lately with megamanX music... Especially Storm Eagle D:
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:39 am

Guess I should mention that you can get the music from sega games and the tools to convert them here:

http://www.zophar.net/

Don't need a guide for that though. Double post due to lack of edit button.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”