DVD Decrypter Problem!!

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
tuxedomarty
Org Profile

DVD Decrypter Problem!!

Post by tuxedomarty » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:52 am

Okay, so I'm almost ready to start making videos again, but I am having a problem with DVD Decrypter on this new laptop. One file I keep trying to rip from one DVD will not rip to my hard drive. It keeps stalling, and I get some kind of error message, and I never had problems ripping this file with DVD Decrypter on my previous PC or the one before it, so why is it doing this? And the disc has no scratches on it and is clean as a whistle.
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Re: DVD Decrypter Problem!!

Post by tuxedomarty » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:55 am

EDIT:This is the error message I get:

I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:55 pm

I would recommended using MakeMKV instead of DVD Decrypter as DVD Decrypter was discontinued a long time ago and will not always work with some newer discs.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:54 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:55 pm
I would recommended using MakeMKV instead of DVD Decrypter as DVD Decrypter was discontinued a long time ago and will not always work with some newer discs.
This isn't an old disc. It came out in 2001/2002. Also, I already said that DVD Decrypter had no problems copying it on my previous PCs.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:53 pm

There is also the possibility of compatibility issues with newer hardware and a newer OS if you are using Windows 10 now.

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:26 pm

I don't understand how the fact I am using Windows 10 has anything to do with it. It's the exact same copy of the disc I used on my previous PC's, and not another copy, and it doesn't have any special enhancements or anything.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Diffrent systems come with diffrent bugs or problems basically
Still better than that MMO.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:34 pm

tuxedomarty wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:26 pm
I don't understand how the fact I am using Windows 10 has anything to do with it. It's the exact same copy of the disc I used on my previous PC's, and not another copy, and it doesn't have any special enhancements or anything.
Compatibility, especially when it comes to old software working with newer operating systems and/or newer hardware can be complicated. Using outdated software can sometimes be an unnecessary complication, especially when there are more up to date alternatives.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”