Dvd Fab bluray ripper glitches =/

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Dvd Fab bluray ripper glitches =/

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:49 pm

So I got the DVDFab Bluray ripper the other day and was ripping my witchblade blurays. And I ripped it mp4.acc and then i took it over into compressor and converted it quicktime prores and this is what i got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzxKjF3Laik

You see it more at 10 seconds. There one small part at 6 seconds but its all really at the end. Anyone got any ideas for me?

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Dvd Fab bluray ripper glitches =/

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:18 am

>Witchblade
>BD

Found your problem. Prores probably doesn't help either given most of the tools that are precompiled in OSX are ridiculously out of date, and thus lack support. It only got added to lavc a few months ago.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:>Witchblade
>BD

Found your problem. Prores probably doesn't help either given most of the tools that are precompiled in OSX are ridiculously out of date, and thus lack support. It only got added to lavc a few months ago.
it also doesnt help my computer has 4gb of ram. lol. but i was told thats mainly it is the ram what you guys think?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:01 pm

sportsgirl1391 wrote:
Mister Hatt wrote:>Witchblade
>BD

it also doesnt help my computer has 4gb of ram. lol. but i was told thats mainly it is the ram what you guys think?
A lack of RAM would only make the process slower to finish, it wouldn't screw up data.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:25 am

It will if you try to allocate too much, or request memory that you don't have access to. That said, prores is still a bad choice hey. Less than 4GB for video processing is also kinda stupid. I put this one on user error.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Then what would you guys recommend im about to update my ram its on its way in the mail. But anyway When I rip the blurays and try to play it on quicktime it is also glithcy except when I play it on VLC. So I mean its already glitchy to begin with.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Quicktime is an AWFUL player. It has many bugs and limitations. VLC isn't too much better either. You should be using Mplayer OSX Extended instead, possibly with mplayer2 support.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:57 pm

mirkosp wrote:Quicktime is an AWFUL player. It has many bugs and limitations. VLC isn't too much better either. You should be using Mplayer OSX Extended instead, possibly with mplayer2 support.
Even in that player it still has those glitches must have ripped it weird or something O_o

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Then that could very well be the case yes. If all three are showing the same issues, then it's likely it's the source's fault (assuming you are using mplayer osx extended WITH mplayer2 support).

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:00 am

I only have the trial version of DVDFAb bluray ripper but I dont think that is the problem. So Now its just a matter of trial and error anyone got any ideas?

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”