Dvd Fab bluray ripper glitches =/

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Dvd Fab bluray ripper glitches =/

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:50 am

Well, for starters, can you see that glitch when you normally play the BD in your BD player? If so, then it's a problem on the disc itself, so you might want to ask for a refund or a good copy in exchange for the bugged copy. If everything is fine, then something went wrong when you ripped it/your players have issue.
Also, I assumed you were on OSX since you said you were using quicktime, but if you're on windows, you should use CCCP for playback.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:12 pm

mirkosp wrote:Well, for starters, can you see that glitch when you normally play the BD in your BD player? If so, then it's a problem on the disc itself, so you might want to ask for a refund or a good copy in exchange for the bugged copy. If everything is fine, then something went wrong when you ripped it/your players have issue.
Also, I assumed you were on OSX since you said you were using quicktime, but if you're on windows, you should use CCCP for playback.
I have a mac but I also have bootcamp on them so I can try anything. lol

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Just found out DvdFab Bluray ripper the latest version gives you glitches. I was freaking out on what was going on. It was the program. Anyone got any other ideas? I use mac. So It would be cool to just get a ripper for mac.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:44 am

There is no bluray support in Mac as Apple don't allow it effectively. I'm working on something but it's a while off. I doubt DVD Fab was causing issues unless you were using it wrong as it shouldn't be doing any decoding. Maybe explain your process in it and we can see where you came up wrong.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:There is no bluray support in Mac as Apple don't allow it effectively. I'm working on something but it's a while off. I doubt DVD Fab was causing issues unless you were using it wrong as it shouldn't be doing any decoding. Maybe explain your process in it and we can see where you came up wrong.

Alright so I opened up DVDfab go to bluray ripper Select the episode i want to rip and rip it mp4.h264.aac.

But The whole episode is not glitchy only some parts. (and btw upgraded my ram)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:42 pm

You should be going to "Blu-ray Copy" and selecting either Full Disc or Main Movie. The other ways involve transcoding the video, which is something your ripping program shouldn't be doing. You should be getting m2ts files from the process.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Alternatively, there is an issue with the disc as I didn't see any answers to "does it work in your BD player?" yet. I would always rip full disc but that's because I like fancy chapter manipulations and the other video tracks.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”