Screen recordering issues

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
ultimateX021
Org Profile

Screen recordering issues

Post by ultimateX021 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:26 am

Hello.

This subject is kinda not related to AMVs even though some AMVs I've seen actually have used screen footage from whatever the creator was looking up on the computer. I am looking to use screen recording software that will not only have the best codec and the best quality, but actually free. I've tried using Camstudio, but for some reason, I keep getting errors when recording on fullscreen in my video editors. When I tried using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10, I got a colorized screen effect where it flashes in black and colored rainbow pixels flash around it. I made sure the resolutions and settings of my display window were set correctly, but it still played like that. Another problem with the video occured in Windows Movie Maker. I played the video, but the screen went all black.

Camstudio saves files in AVI format only. The codec used was its own: Camstudio Lossless Codec 1.4v. Here are the details of the file alone:

Video data

Frame Width: 1366
Frame Height: 768
Data rate: 26584kbps
Total bitrate: 27290kbps
Frame rate: 20 frames/second

Audio data

Bit rate: 705kbps

File data

Name: stairs.avi
type: VLC media file (.avi)
Folder path: desktop
Size: 85.3 MB
Attributes: A

My computer is a laptop Vista that has 4 GB of RAM and 114 GB of HD memory left over. I am also trying to use a screen recorder to make those speed paintings or time lapse drawings on youtube. So, if Camstudio is not the best fit, then please recommend to me something that could be more better than this. :)
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Screen recordering issues

Post by Kariudo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Give VirtualDub's Capture AVI mode a shot

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”