The best ripper out there for DVDs

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
ultimateX021
Org Profile

Re: The best ripper out there for DVDs

Post by ultimateX021 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:31 am

Thanks all of you. DVDfab sounds like a good ripper to use. I'll invest time in exploring its features when I download AMVapp. I'll just have to wait to get the laptop first.
mirkosp wrote:When you load it the first time, you get a list of things... the bottom choice is the free one. Anyway, while you use it, even if it expires, the basic features (the only ones you really care about, the ripping of DVD9 and BD) WILL stay free and available.
When you load it the first time, you get a list of things... the bottom choice is the free one. Anyway, while you use it, even if it expires, the basic features (the only ones you really care about, the ripping of DVD9 and BD) WILL stay free and available.
I gotta say that sounds really helpful right there. If that is true, then I won't have to worry about purchasing the program. Saves me money right there!
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Songbird21
Org Profile

Post by Songbird21 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Will DVDfab work with bluray?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Songbird21 wrote:Will DVDfab work with bluray?
Yes, it does work with blu-rays as well.

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:20 pm

Got DVDfab. I'm currently picking open spaces to watch an anime I love, so I could pin point which episodes have the best footage. I've already listened to a song from a video game several times. The song and anime have been mixed and mingled in my head so many times, I'm at that stage where I could determine what episodes are important to watch and what scenes actually match my concept. When I finish watching the anime, I'll set up a storyboard system using Powerpoint then start using DVDfab after I've identified the episodes and scenes needed.
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Oh. and forgot to ask:
mirkosp wrote:DVDFab is designed to rip protected DVDs and BDs. However, for the most recent BDs, newer protections are available that require you to use the payware version of DVDFab. So the free version of DVDFab is slightly limited with BDs. For the time being a good free solution is MakeMKV, but it will be free only as long as it stays beta. When it'll become stable, it'll become payware (not ETAs on that yet, AFAIK).
what are BDs?
Mister Hatt wrote:Use dd like all the professionals.
And are you referring to DVD Decryptor or something else?

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:58 pm

BDs are Blu-Ray Disks. And Hatt is referring to the GNU command-line tool for low-level raw block copying (he's being snarky).

My personal preference is to use DVD Decrypter, and DVDFab for Blu-Rays and disks that fail in Decrypter.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:53 pm

Actually you can bitstream decrypted BD content via dd for distributed network encoding and processing, which does make it kind of badass. I wouldn't recommend it though as it's mostly a useless thing to do, even if it is insanely cool.

SaSuIkUtO1318
Org Profile

Post by SaSuIkUtO1318 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:31 pm

ok so is there a website i can go to to get this?

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:51 pm

SaSuIkUtO1318 wrote:ok so is there a website i can go to to get this?
You can get DVDFab at this link.

jecoy2011
Org Profile

Post by jecoy2011 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:44 am

Try using DVDfab. That's what I am using now as my DVD burning software, it's free and it runs fine for me. Actually, there are lots of DVD ripping software you can find in the market. You just need to find in the right place. Download, install and use it as what you need.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”