video display help...

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Overture
Org Profile

video display help...

Post by Overture » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:33 am

as you can see, when i play video, there seems to be some sort of line that goes right across the middle. sometimes one or two and it more commonly appears when theres alot of movement, or ive noticed, color changes like when theres a fade.

fyi, i edited that image to "look" like my problem since strangely when i screen capture on my windows it never captures the problem on the video. itll look normal :| it at least looks something like that tho

its been like this ever since i first built my rig over a year ago.

if i were to guess, it has something to do with a framerate issue? like its not refreshing fast enough where that line is. its hard to tell but i THINK watevers in that line is a split second behind the actual video. tho im not sure. ive tried it in VLC player and the problem seems to be a little better. but its still there. so it may be a codec issue to do with the player? i tried installing CCCP (tho i hate installing codec packs) and enabled the use its avi codec be default since i thought it mite be better? didnt help >:|

ive reseated my video card, updated my drivers, tried older drivers and nothing. this problem occurs no matter wat container/codec i use. if i pause the video when the flashy line of doom is there the line disappears. so its only there when the video is playing. it appears less to almost not at all on smaller windows like youtube for example. im assuming because its small so theres less changes it the video to provoke it.

maybe its a hardware thing? (o god please no! its been over a year since i built itD:<) just incase, heres my rig:
p5q pro turbo mobo
q6600 overclocked 3.0ghz
his radeon 4850 512mb
4gb g. skill ram

um...help please :lol:
thanx in advance!!

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: video display help...

Post by Kariudo » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:31 pm

I don't think it's a hardware issue...so I'll move this out of the hardware forum.
Not sure what would cause that though.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Sounds like tearing.
MPC-HC has a feature to help with this.

Overture
Org Profile

Post by Overture » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:30 am

thanx kariudo for the correction

zarx, you were right. it was indeed tearing. :mrgreen:

i read up a bit on it and it seems the only solution (tho im no expert about this since i only read a littleXD) would be to upgrade my moniter to get rid of it for good. otherwise i could do i guess "semi" fixes to it with trade-offs :/ i guess since im used to it now ill look into those meh solutions cuz i dont wanna buy another moniter when i already have a perfectly good one.

for anyone who has a similar problem like this, heres a link to wat it is
http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_9.html

its basically when your video card puts out more fps than your moniter can keep up with. theres a couple solutions in that link tho they come with trade-offs youll have to deal with. tho the only complete solution is buying a moniter capable of keeping up with your video card as far as i kno :/ and i have a pretty decent moniter too. ah wells :roll:

thanx again guys!

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:40 am

looks like a cool effect for a video

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”