The best pc for video editing. AMVs

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

The best pc for video editing. AMVs

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:51 am

I will change pc one day, I don't know how but I will xD

I have a powerful and fast pc but it never worked good for my best passion.. Now I am here to ask to you all..>-< What is the best configuation, the best pc, the best 'all' for video editing?
ImageImage

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:59 am

Fast, multiple harddrives, fast processor, and a lot of ram are recommended.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:59 am

How can there be any one "best" configuration with the endless number of possibilities these days? I mean, conceivably you could run a dual Opteron system and stuff it full of as many hard drives as the case can fit (and then there's externals) and as much RAM as the motherboard can fit, plus the highest-end capture card out there, rigged with a triple-monitor display... but who can afford something like that?

A better question to ask would probably be something like: what components are the most important when it comes to video editing? (As far as I can tell, video card is <i>not</i> on this list unless you have to capture from analog sources.)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Poetic_Kaos
Org Profile

Post by Poetic_Kaos » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:36 am

I'm not a Mac user but have you checked out some of there new comps. Geez, Dual 2.5GHz PowerPC G5, you can actually put 8gigs of ram on this rig. 8GIGS!!! You could like render your entire video in the ram alone, and still do plenty of other things at the same time. It almost makes you want to :cry:.
"Kaos is the single most essential element to existence. Without conflict, without struggle, all of creation might as well be so many unmoving, unfeeling stones."

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Re: The best pc for video editing. AMVs

Post by AMVfreak » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:34 pm

Michele wrote:I will change pc one day, I don't know how but I will xD

I have a powerful and fast pc but it never worked good for my best passion.. Now I am here to ask to you all..>-< What is the best configuation, the best pc, the best 'all' for video editing?
Why would a powerful and fast PC not work good!?!?!?
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

post-it
Org Profile

how much Power do I need?

Post by post-it » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:39 pm

... how much Power do I need for a really great PC/MAC ???

. Here is the trick to the Equation:
Get the FASTEST POSSIBLE MOTHERBOARD made today and now start building
your Computer from That Point.

Q: --why, you may ask, ignore things like RAM and Processor Speed?

A: the Newer the Operating System,
WinXP vs Win 98,
OS 8.5 vs OS 10,
Red Hat vs Lynux Mandrake,
The More Power and Processing must be accomplished to achieve the same GOAL!

Your NEEEED-FOR-SPEEEEED depends on the Operating System itself!
. It is the SOLE deturmination FACTOR for your computer.

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:09 pm

This topic is the most important of all my life, I will put everything for this, is my dream, my future in the life is t he Video Editing, so all this is really, really important for me, I hope to not bother you all. Thanks a ton!
a dual Opteron system
I am sorry for my ignorance, I have got the idea.. But I would like and parreciate a lot any explanation... How much could this cost? And how I could make it..? And.. Even if seem stupid, in other words, what is it? You are talking about two processors within?
many hard drives as the case can fit (and then there's externals)
If I will buy a 120GB internal and a 300GB external will be ok? I think yes but guys, I ask of course.
as much RAM as the motherboard can fit, plus the highest-end capture card out there, rigged with a triple-monitor display...
Now, in my old wreckcage, I have 1024 MB, but how can I check how much Ram can my motherboard take? If there is a way that is not ask to the productor say me ;P About the capture card, can I know if someone know which is? And.. The last, the monitors, sorry for the maybe stupid quesiton, but why? What is the use? And surely I would need caves and softwares right?
but who can afford something like that?
If god wants, one day, yes. Is my goal. I will sell everything if I need ;P
A better question to ask would probably be something like: what components are the most important when it comes to video editing? (As far as I can tell, video card is not on this list unless you have to capture from analog sources.)
Is true, but not true =P What I need is that, but I also need a general but accurate... ALL. I mean that I need an explanation of what I have to have. The best that exist, what would make me have the best in the world for make Video Editing. Without think in the moneys (and now I have 0 xD), because now I only need the idea, after, little by little, verry little by little >-< I will do. Again, it is my goal, so I hope for the collaboration of you all, thanks, thanks a ton.
8GIGS!!! You could like render your entire video in the ram alone, and still do plenty of other things at the same time. It almost makes you want to.
Oh yes I forgot to say that I am NOT a Mac user. Anyway.. Oh my god.. Someone can kill me? 8GIGS... Is.. Wow.. God.. I don't have words O_O
Why would a powerful and fast PC not work good!?!?!?
And here I can say: Only God knows. My pc in general is:

P4 2.8 Ghz
1024 MB of RAM
120 GB of HD
GeForce 5200 FX Video Card

And this, not work, it never worked well, is horrible. Can be that I always used the pc for all. I never canceled a file in 4 years. So now I want to start by 0. And use my new (One day..) G O D only and ONLY for Video Editing. For this I opened this topic. Very important for me.
Here is the trick to the Equation:
Get the FASTEST POSSIBLE MOTHERBOARD made today and now start building
your Computer from That Point.
I didn't understood perfectly what you want to say to mw after this sentence, but I think that I got the general mean, and thanks :) Well, the question is What is that motherboard? I have a Windows XP Pentium 4. But If I need I will change all, only one thing, not mac, because I am not able, is a life that I work on Bill Gates' work.

THanks a ton to all I really hope for good answers! I love you allll ;P
ImageImage

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:26 pm

--- your computer is doing just fine ^_^

you should have no need for anything but a faster Processer - maybe.

--- your computer is fast enough. 8-)

[Mike of the Desert]
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:37 pm

Thanks^^ but I want T H E B E S T that can exist on this world, in a word

PROFESSIONAL

^.^ So posstttt posttt XDD
ImageImage

Zero
Org Profile

Post by Zero » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:40 pm

Can I ask your budget? I can really help you with a suite if I know how much you're gonna blow on it.

-Zero
Phade wrote:(I've actually promised to spend some time with my wife now. It's "happy Friday time".)

Return to “Hardware Discussion”