Dual Monitors

Akashio
Org Profile

Dual Monitors

Post by Akashio » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:03 pm

Ok. I have two monitors: 19" Samsung and 17" Trinitron. Both are plugged into my video card and have had their drivers installed. The 19" monitor is the primary one.

My problem is, I have them both plugged in and the secondary monitor acts like it's not plugged in. Is there something else I have to do to get them to display at the same time?

(NERD Studios) Arturo
Org Profile

Post by (NERD Studios) Arturo » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:50 pm

It depends on a lot of things but most likely you can "turn on" the second monitor from Control Panel - Display - Settings Tab - and maybe the Advanced section of that. If you've got an nvidia card you might need to go to the NVIDIA nview Desktop Manager in the control panel.
When I become an Evil Overlord my Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles.

I am the King of the Easily Entertained.

It is my lifelong goal to make my dieing scream as horrible as possible.

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:43 am

what card are you using, OS, drivers...etc?
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

Akashio
Org Profile

Post by Akashio » Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:28 pm

I got it to work. Thanks Aturo

(NERD Studios) Arturo
Org Profile

Post by (NERD Studios) Arturo » Thu May 01, 2003 8:11 pm

No problem. I was looking into dual monitors at one point a found out my video card can't do that. :cry:
When I become an Evil Overlord my Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles.

I am the King of the Easily Entertained.

It is my lifelong goal to make my dieing scream as horrible as possible.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”