Please help me find and price these programs and hardware.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Please help me find and price these programs and hardware.

Post by Chaos Angel » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:10 pm

I need recommendations for web sites where I can get good (i.e. cheap) prices for the following programs and items. For many, I also need recommendations for which will work best.

----

Adobe After Effects (better than $299)

Adobe Design Collection (better than $399)

A reliable, fast DVD-R/RW drive.

A good, fast video card that can handle importing from either a digital camera or from a VCR/TV hook-up.

An external Firewire drive that connects via USB and has a large amount of disk space

A digital video camera with A/V Output capability

----

I am planning to take out a student loan either this semester, or most likely next semester, to get all of this stuff while I can still get student interest rates. I may also take advantage of my school bookstore for After FX and the Design Pack, because I'm not sure if they can get much cheaper than that. But, I want to get an idea of how much I should ask for, because I don't want to ask for too litle, but I DAMN sure don't want to ask for too much and have to take that much longer to pay it off (I already have about $1800 in loan debts that I took out to make rent last semester.)

Any recommendations for sites or brands are much appreciated. Thanks!!
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Re: Please help me find and price these programs and hardwar

Post by dwchang » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:34 pm

Chaos Angel wrote:I need recommendations for web sites where I can get good (i.e. cheap) prices for the following programs and items. For many, I also need recommendations for which will work best.

----

Adobe After Effects (better than $299)

Adobe Design Collection (better than $399)

A reliable, fast DVD-R/RW drive.

A good, fast video card that can handle importing from either a digital camera or from a VCR/TV hook-up.

An external Firewire drive that connects via USB and has a large amount of disk space

A digital video camera with A/V Output capability

----

I am planning to take out a student loan either this semester, or most likely next semester, to get all of this stuff while I can still get student interest rates. I may also take advantage of my school bookstore for After FX and the Design Pack, because I'm not sure if they can get much cheaper than that. But, I want to get an idea of how much I should ask for, because I don't want to ask for too litle, but I DAMN sure don't want to ask for too much and have to take that much longer to pay it off (I already have about $1800 in loan debts that I took out to make rent last semester.)

Any recommendations for sites or brands are much appreciated. Thanks!!
Well I always suggest Fatwallet. Go to compare prices. This is mostly for the hardware stuff. The software I'd buy as a student at a college. Can get things pretty cheap.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Re: Please help me find and price these programs and hardwar

Post by Chaos Angel » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:59 pm

dwchang wrote:The software I'd buy as a student at a college. Can get things pretty cheap.
Where do you think I found those prices for After FX and the Design Pack?

^o^
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”