Argh...lost my settings...

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Argh...lost my settings...

Post by EarthCurrent » Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:27 pm

Alrighty, my Monitor died on me the other day, but before I discovered it was the monitor and not my video card, etc, I reinstalled my drivers for my stupid cheap ass but generally functional GForce4 MX (I'm not a gamer so I don't feel I need great 3D powers of death).

Anwho, before I reinstalled the drivers my card's TV-out somehow would auto full-screen any video media being sent out to my TV even if Windows Media Player, etc, was not maximized to full screen on my regular monitor. Now, however, with with the reinstall of my drivers, I've lost this magical ability, and I want it back.

I browsed around, and came upon this thread post:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 170#121170
It sounds like a similar thing is in play, but I can't seem to figure out the hows and whys of it. Does anyone know how I might get my S-Video to once again automatically send out media full screened without fullscreening it on my primary monitor? It was doing it once, certainly I should be able to do it again.

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:15 am

Alrighty I rediscovered what I did after several hours of tinkering around:

And for the sake of future people who might want to try this out here is what I did:

Properties --> Settings --> Advanced
GeForce4 Tab --> Additional Properties
Overlay Controls Tab --> Video Mirror Controls
On This Control Panel set Full Screen Device to "Secondary Display" and Aspect Ratio to "Source Aspect"
Okayed everything and then Rebooted

This might work on other cards as well, and I think is worth looking at, I like it myself.

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Thu May 01, 2003 1:37 am

Don't complain too much, I mean, its not like THIS happened:

Return to “Hardware Discussion”