[semi-OT] LCD Projector

Mechaman
Org Profile

[semi-OT] LCD Projector

Post by Mechaman » Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:17 pm

Not quite where to turn for this, but since I know there are much more hardcore video gurus than I hanging around..

I picked up a Eiki LC-7000U LCD video projector(has SVGA-native resolution) for $400 at a university auction over the weekend. Unit seems in pretty good shape; except there's no picture at all. I pulled the bulb out, and it didn't seem burnt(although I'm not an expert on metal-halide arcs). It powers up just fine; the cooling fans start up, and I can even hear audio from my Dreamcast through it(after powering the projector up for the 30 seconds it's supposed to take).

I live an an apartment with nice white walls, so I'm thinking to use it as a super-portable monitor for watching DVDs and playing video games/shmups(and not having to worry about rotating tvs for 'tate mode).

I'm wondering if anyone around's dealt with using LCD projectors. Specifically, I'm wondering if it's worth it to fiddle around with it--there's a dealer in town, but if something important's blown, I'm not incredibly inclined to blow another $400 just getting it to work(if it was just the bulb burnt out($300), I could live with that). I guess I'm just not sure how to go about diagnosing it without taking it to the dealer and a potential time-by-the-hour fee just to poke around in it for an afternoon.

Any kind words of advice?

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:03 am

Quu should be able to hell you, I'd try looking him up on AIM.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Return to “Hardware Discussion”