Computers for video editing

Porygon_Wut
Org Profile

Computers for video editing

Post by Porygon_Wut » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:42 am

Hi, this is my first post on animemusicvideos.org. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but oh we'll. I wanted to know what the best computers are for AMV editing, preferably no more than $600, and a laptop would be best. Also, it has to be compatible with Windows 7. Any thoughts?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Computers for video editing

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat May 10, 2014 8:54 am

For that price cap a desktop would be better as you can get more powerful hardware cheaper. I recommend at least a Intel core i5 processor and a Nvidia or AMD graphics card as Intel graphics isn't the best to work with. If you must get a laptop in that price range, the best I can advise if you are in the US is to wait for sales at places like best buy and then google owners threads on PC forums to see if those models have any complaints in terms of flaws.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Elcalavero
Org Profile

Re: Computers for video editing

Post by Elcalavero » Sat May 10, 2014 11:39 pm

Basically any laptop with a 4th Gen Intel Processor (i3,i5, or i7) works fine. Look for intel HD graphics 4000 or above. They are actually blazing fast despite being integrated graphics. Battery life boost from Intel is nice as well. :up:. Make sure laptop has 4 to 8 gigs of Ram.

I don't recommend a laptop with dedicated graphics because

1. They will cost more than your budget.
2. More than likely the battery life trade off will be horrid (Crap Battery Life). Only exception would probably be this

If you decide you want more "power"/dedicated graphics, I recommend a desktop.
This time around. I recommend a system powered by a AMD processor. AMD has the best price/performance ratio.
You could easily make a budget desktop with $600. As with laptop make sure to get 4 to 8 gigs of Ram on desktop.
Get a Nvidia or ATI video card. You can this use as a reference as to which to choose. From 1,100 mark and above.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”