Nvidia & ATI Question

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:54 pm

With Nvidia, The ti 4200 is the king. I know you're thinking "Hey! What about the 4600 and the 4800?". My 4200 can outperform one of them and come near to the second. "How?" you ask? A little thing called CoolBits nvidia has built into all it's drivers, but only allows it's developers to use. Well, seems that around 2 years ago, someone leaked it, and how to use it. It is a severely well programmed overclocking option list hidden in the driver software itself. If anyone is interested in how to get 3d mark scores of over 11500 with one of these cards, just tell me and I'll post a guide for y'all.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:17 am

I don't even have a graphics card (onbaord video is what I've got.) and I want to know...
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:59 pm

oh, and what you can do with a 4200 isn't nearly as cool as what some people have done with their saphire ATI 9500's. You can get those things going faster than the 9700 pro.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

CoolMatty
Org Profile

Post by CoolMatty » Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:58 pm

klinky wrote:
Usually with ATI the hardware has been ok, it's just the software is suck, like dwchang said. I had a Xpert98(Rage Pro Turbo). Crappiest card ever! 2D was ok, but 3D just stank. It didn't even support Alpha Blending properly x_X.

~klinky
I had that EXACT same card. 3D acceleration was non-existant. I was immensly happy when I got my Voodoo 3 3000 a year later. (Although now I have a GF3 ti500, oc'ed to GF4 ti4400 right now :D )

I use a ATI TV Wonder VE. It's cheap, but it works. It doesn't do very high res, but at the res it runs at, it is quite nice. It also doesn't fight my video card either. (It is funny, though, if my computer crashes while watching TV on it, it will still keep playing. It's pretty freaky)
I wouldn't recommend the card for anything high-quality or any serious project though.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”