Is LightScribe The Best Software For DVD Face Cover Burning?

Buttercupmensadklfm
Org Profile

Is LightScribe The Best Software For DVD Face Cover Burning?

Post by Buttercupmensadklfm » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:38 am

Is LightScribe the best software to use if you want to burn a personalized picture on the face of a blank DVD disc?

The reason why I ask this is because very recently a close family member of mine had passed away. I want to make a montage video about his life and burn it onto a DVD, but I don't want it to look tacky & unprofessional by having the title of the montage be done in marker on the face of the DVD disc. I want to use a program that will allow me to burn a picture of his face (& the title of the montage video) onto the blank DVD disc. I searched around online and discovered about LightScribe, but I'm not sure if that's the absolute best software out there. Is there a better program out there that can do the job really professional besides LightScribe?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Is LightScribe The Best Software For DVD Face Cover Burn

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:11 am

Ehhh... If you already have lightscribe hardware (you have to have a special hardware that's capable of doing it), then you might as well give it a shot. But if you don't, that's 30-40 bucks for the hardware, and another 15 for the special discs (I just did a quick price search on Amazon, actual prices may vary).

Honestly, I do a lot of videos like what you're describing for a sort of self-employed professional service. I don't feel like light-scribe was something I wanted to invest in (especially if clients wanted to change the image burned on it AFTER I've already burned it), but what I DO invest in is nice DVD cases and use Photoshop to create a very professional cover. There are a ton of templates out there, so there's a lot of variety, and you can customize it to fit client needs.

But I did do a little google-fu, and from what I read it had mixed results. Some said that it worked well enough, and others said it wasn't as successful. Apparently, the MAC version is clunkier too.

Albeit, I have seen lightscribe discs before. They look gorgeous. XD

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope I helped out in some way or another.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”