New laptop. ( is this one okay? )

ChristineHansen
Org Profile

New laptop. ( is this one okay? )

Post by ChristineHansen » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:20 am

I just discovered I had 2,000 bucks to spare, and since my current laptop just died on me I figured it was about to get a new one. I've been looking around and found this;

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?poid=514442

Does this one look okay? If not - do you have any suggestions? I use mainly After Effects, and I plan on using HD-footage, BluRay-player is a must. I'm meeting up
with an american friend of mine in about 3 months so it have to be a laptop, so I can do some editing on the plane-ride. :3

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: New laptop. ( is this one okay? )

Post by Kariudo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:52 pm

That beast of a machine should be more than enough for you (I think it even out-specs my desktop :uhoh:).
If you're planning on using AE CS5, just be sure that the version of Windows 7 you get is the 64-bit one.

You may be able to get away with something a bit cheaper. I gotta do a few other things first, but I'll come back and take a look around for some other suggestions.

+edit:
These may also be worth considering.
Dual-core i5, 6GB ram
Phenom II quad-core, 4GB ram
Phenom II tri-core, 4GB ram

The only issue with all of these (and the one you linked) is battery life. Unless your flight is under 2 hours long, I doubt any of these will go for that long.

Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Re: New laptop. ( is this one okay? )

Post by Kawatta-kun » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Yep, pretty damn good, and must be a 64bit system. I usa Toshia Qosmio F60, and it is, like, the same as that one (must be somewhere diferent, but by looking at the info i can't see where).
Image Image

Return to “Hardware Discussion”