where

Kagome100
Org Profile

where

Post by Kagome100 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:03 pm

Where do I get the things for my computer to make music videos? What do I need?
~Inuyasha is mine~

jbone
Org Profile

Here

Post by jbone » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:56 pm

Read the 3598672697623672673467236737630967 other threads started by newbies asking the same questions.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:11 pm

I think Jbone's avatar speaks for us all
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Brolli411
Org Profile

Post by Brolli411 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:41 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:I think Jbone's avatar speaks for us all
By the time Jbone is done with the n00bs, I think your Signature would sum it all up.
<A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/members/mem ... 61">Member Profile</a>

"You just saved the entire world from a near-death destruction, how do you feel?"
"I'm going to Disney Land!"
"That's right, Disney Land, you heard it here first folks."

MPEG2Source("C:/<A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/">Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a></a>")

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:44 pm

A good place to start is the Guides off the main page. The vast majority of questions can be answered by reading through the material there.

Basically, you're going to need two things: a way to get the footage you want to use onto your computer (*hint* downloading it from the internet is should in almost all cases not be this method) and software to convert and edit the footage. For the former, you'll need a DVD-ROM drive and a bunch of free software (covered in the guides) or a capture card of some sort (if have VHS tapes and not DVDs) and for the latter, the majority (I believe) here use Adobe Premiere, but it at best is going to be several hundred dollars. There is a trial version available from Adobe that you can use for 30 days to see if you like the program and think it's worth buying or if you want to investigate something else. That's usually enough time to make one video and see if it's really for you. There are other options (haven't checked in a while to see what progress has been made on the Linux AMV guide), but Premiere is probably the route you'll want to check out first.

Read through the guides, and come back with any specific questions. Before actually asking them, run a search of the forum (including all the 'video' forums is generally good) to make sure your question hasn't already been asked and answered a number of times best represented in Scientific Notation. People in this forum and the other 'help' forums are generally quite willing to help out, but are much more likely to help people who have at least tried to help themselves first.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Return to “Hardware Discussion”