CPU fans (just curious for future buys)

Overture
Org Profile

CPU fans (just curious for future buys)

Post by Overture » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:11 pm

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

for starters, i have a Q6600 oc'd to a safe 3.0Ghz with an Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro on it. tho my temps are a bit high but nothing to worry about. it idles at 34 degrees and on hot days as high as 39 :/ i have 4 case fans installed and my air flow is alrite. i live in hawaii so the ambient is Extremely Hot Degrees here:/ i forget how high it gets when i run p95 but if i remember it was mid 50's. POSSIBLY as high as 59 worst case.

id rather stick to air cooling and seeing as i live in hawaii, does anyone kno if these fans are worth the money? overkill? i figure if my current fan isnt quite cutting it if i wanted to push my cpu a little higher (maybe say, 3.4Ghz. 3.6 would be nice but meh. i only have 4gb ram anyways and i dont necessarily "need" a faster cpu OR more ram:] so i wont invest in both) i mite as well spend the extra 20 bucks and get a more decent fan.

think i could hit 3.4 with these? any other suggestions of better air fans?

Edit/
was thinking of this:

but now i think i might go with the dark knight

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Re: CPU fans (just curious for future buys)

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:29 am

=P

thought i'd get you excited ^^ <3

plus like my new face? :3

hackedhacker
Org Profile

Post by hackedhacker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:07 am

if you have the money, corsair offer liquid cooling. But I think that is enough, I think I saw a CPU cooler somewhere that cost 40-45 with 2 fan and a huge heat sink. N that temperature is nothing to worry about, My computer running on liquid cooler and duo 120mm fan push pull action goes to 89-95 C sometime when rendering and overclocking to 4.3 GHz. CPU can take some heat :D

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Old thread is old, but are you sure you're hitting around 90C @load?

You're gonna run your cpu into the ground in no time at those temps. You sure your waterblock is properly seated? Is your rad loaded with dust? or are you just pumping something like 1.5V into the cpu to clock it that high?

hackedhacker
Org Profile

Post by hackedhacker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:19 am

at 3.0 GHz and 59C, I guess that isn't too bad. My CPU reached 100 Onced and I was like fucking put that shit down to the ground. Running watercooler too.
If you have the money, get the H100 series from corsair, their liquid cooler are quite efficient, quiet and hmm yeah.
Since you live in Hawaii, I think liquid cool will be ur best choice.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”